low output from turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi.
i'm wondering if anybody has any ideas on this issue.

i have a project 1 turntable, and it sounds good, but there is a (very slight) hum, but only when the needle is on the vinyl. i have a dual 506, too, and it doesn't make any hum, and it's output is significantly louder.
they both use the same needle, an orofon40, i can switch it between the two, so everything is exactly the same except for the turntable itself. same phono pre, amp pre/amp/speakers...

the power supply i have for the project is a boston acoustics one, and not the original.

so, any takers? what could the problem be with the project, or is there even a problem?

i don't kow. maybe it was just a loose connection. i haven't switched back to the 20 (oops, i kept calling it a 40) since i put the 5e back on. maybe i'll try it again, and see if the problem is still there. turntable sound pretty awesome with the 5e, anyway.
the dual is happy to have the 20.
thanks for commenting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.