Which model Maxon Remax motor do Origin Live use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Origin Live have just increased the price for their DC200 (Maxon Remax) motor to £244.00 (~$360.00), which is a bit too rich for my blood.

Does anyone know the model number, or can calculate from OL published information, which Maxon ReMax motor OL use? I don't need the pulley or mounting plate that OL supply (I'm upgrading my existing kit), and don't want to pay over the odds for just the motor.

Thanks.

Hmmm. I have looked at two OL motors for this chap I am trying to help. His set up uses what looks like AMax but is 30 or so mm and the resistance of the rotor seems a bit less then 4 ohms. Maybe http://shop.maxonmotor.com/ishop/article/article/236645.xml the other is 26mm for sure but measures around 30 ohms but this motor does not work on his controller. It was sent as a used possible replacement by the OL agent but I wonder if this came from another deck and controller all together.
He is bringing the whole kaboodle on Sat so will have a look.

Thanks for all the input so far.

Hi Guys,
Just remembered, that I´ve got access to a load of NOS Maxon motors mod. 2140.935-00.
It´s rated 6-24 volts - 1 amp,
12 volt 3000 rpm. These are original Grundig spareparts (capstanmotors) from (as far as I remember) their VCR´s (video 2000 and VHS). They come with a pulley on which it´s easy to fit your own, if you want to use it for turntable. A couple of my friends used them to modify their Rega´s with very good result. Guess I´ll be able to get them for around 25 Euros, if the amount is large enough. Let me know if anyone´s interrested.:):):)

Hi

Some may already be familiar with the "American Science & Surplus" as a great source of all sorts of interesting stuff to use in your DIY projects. I was just visiting the site and noticed a decent stock of motors of various types at very reasonable prices. Some of these motors could very well be used in a turntable albeit with the proper PS and/or some modification. Have a look here if interested.

Regards

Hmmm. I have looked at two OL motors for this chap I am trying to help. His set up uses what looks like AMax but is 30 or so mm and the resistance of the rotor seems a bit less then 4 ohms. Maybe http://shop.maxonmotor.com/ishop/article/article/236645.xml the other is 26mm for sure but measures around 30 ohms but this motor does not work on his controller. It was sent as a used possible replacement by the OL agent but I wonder if this came from another deck and controller all together.
He is bringing the whole kaboodle on Sat so will have a look.

Thanks for all the input so far.

In this page seem different sizes:
Origin Live | Fitting Methods For Turntable Motors

So are we able to understand the exact part number?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.