Improved PSU for Technics SL1210 MK2 and SP 10 MK2 (and others)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm investigating in building an external PSU for SL 1210 MK2 and SP 10 MK2 players. For that I need a regulated voltage at about 21V DC. The internal regulators of the Technics deck will be bypassed. For a SP 10 MK2 there are 3 voltages (DC). 5V, 32,5V and 140V. Except 140V is easy to generate.

I am using a well known LM317 regulator for doing that. I already did a PCB design.

Bild: sl1210psuavsu.png - abload.de
Bild: 1210d747.jpeg - abload.de

Now I have a prototype running. There is sound improvement. Soundstage is more stable, bass is more detailed. So it is woth it to build an external PSU.

Does anybody has an idea how to generate 140V DC? I don't have a glue. Any comments about my PCB Design? Is anybody interested in PCBs from me?

Cheers,
Rene
Hi Guys
I did to my SL110( 5 years ago) in a different way of all yours, I took the whole power unit out into a separate box with a extend cable, replaced those speed control with a 10 turns precision potentiometer, SL110 is the firest modle of the direct drive TT in Technic, I got it in 1972, it already 38 years old before the modification, it had a problem of speed stable, but working good now, I only use it as a belt drive TT's motor, it has the bigger torque than the later's modles , I use a very thin elastic thread as the belt to drive a more heavy platter, only thing has to do is use hand to turn both platter to run before power switch on, weight balance is a issue, and will make the sound change but this set-up come up supper, no other driving motor can be better than a direct drive TT ( better bearing, slow speed quite and smooth) the only thing concern is the torque , because the ratio is 1 to 1
Cheers Tony Ma

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 545
  • Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 499
  • Picture 072.jpg
    Picture 072.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 491
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 523
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.