Valve Itch phono

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Now the vinyl sounds equal or more loud than the CD, my advice to Partridge 977 owners using Denon DL103R is to change to Jensen because isn't only more gain is really other word I recommend strongly because is the money best spent lately investing in audio.

Salas using Jensen takes the Valve Itch to other level....

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Only with lower Rp tube which also means different μ & different gain structure i.e. different final sound. ECC88/6922 biases in the second stage without danger on same B+ and resistors values for instance. Another way is to glue an extra buffer stage at the output. Valve or MOSFET.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
What about the White Cathode Follower with a couple of Russian ECC88 that I have on hand?

img23.gif

As an example, given a setup that consists of a 6DJ8 with a bypassed cathode resistor of 200 ohms and a 10k plate resistor, the results are
Gain = 0.97
Zo = 3.44 ohms
PSRR = -65 dB

What's B+ value, input & output capacitor values?

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Don't know for sure as I haven't designed that. 200V B+ 0.1uF Cin and 2.2uF Cout for no less than 20K total RL including the next stage looks logical to me but others could comment further. It must be tested alone first to measure bias current, then calculate the new reg's CCS setting and dissipation for that as well as an RC toward that stage to bring down the rail level to its needs locally. Cin should substitute the Itch's now Cout.