Valve Itch phono

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
If the pot is first in a line preamp then its the one that defines its input impedance. If it has other circuitry before it no. With the power off, volume full up, and a DMM on input RCA of a line preamp you can have an idea by measuring kOhm in most cases.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Salas I listened a couple of hours the Itch with the changes of 18K in place of 47K as load resistor & the cathode diodes and now is sounding plenty of power in my mu-follower headphone amp, next week I will listen the #26 to see if is enough gain with my Wilson Audio Cub 94dBs. Again a great design, thanks to share and all help received to make it possible & enjoy it.:)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Arrived the DN2450 and other pic of my first Paper with Aluminium foil just for fun.

Attachments

• DSC00375.jpg
    DSC00375.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC00376.jpg
    DSC00376.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 243
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There are many ways to skin a cat and when the technically sound goals like no ripple to speak of and steady B+ are met there will be solid arguments against more "exotic" circuits just to do a simple job. Maybe because the practical circuits are large loop areas with many extra vulnerabilities, the wide low impedance output of a shunt helps more than predicted somehow. Just maybe. But if you feel it does good after your own experience to a low power simple circuit, and you don't mind the building and the dissipation, there is no reason to stop you using it, its a hobby not the Samsung production budgeting department.