Valve Itch phono - Page 126 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd August 2013, 08:08 AM   #1251
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCruz View Post
And the beauty of the pots lie on the way we can continuously finetune cart load
Try some and let me know your opinion.
Ricardo

no I will use trimmers only for evaluation. I respect it that you like it so use them... but I am sure when you use a better cartridge, with better resolution, then you will maybe follow my opinion.

Quote:
Even JC used tantalum trimmers in his "special" phono builds.
And now, why should I follow JC? Yes he has good reputation in technical design of phono stage design but this says really nothing about the sonic quality of his amps!

I must not jump into water because others are doing this.... his deswigns are not my cup of tea.

BTW. did you receive my mail?
Old 22nd August 2013, 09:57 AM   #1252
diyAudio Member

Joao sorry but no ones here and probabily inthis world can build a phono better the JC ..
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:00 AM   #1253
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoch58 View Post
Joao sorry but no ones here and probabily inthis world can build a phono better the JC ..
EB.....
Old 22nd August 2013, 07:47 PM   #1254
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao@AltheaMusica View Post
Ricardo

no I will use trimmers only for evaluation. I respect it that you like it so use them... but I am sure when you use a better cartridge, with better resolution, then you will maybe follow my opinion.

And now, why should I follow JC? Yes he has good reputation in technical design of phono stage design but this says really nothing about the sonic quality of his amps!

I must not jump into water because others are doing this.... his deswigns are not my cup of tea.

BTW. did you receive my mail?
Hi Joao, I recently experimented with a Kiseki and a Benz LP and the results where splendid... what would you suggest for fixed resistors ?

I did not say you should follow JC, I heard his vendetta and my builds sounded much better.... But he knows some things.

I did receive your e-mail and answered, anyway, I must call you to discuss the points you wrote about... particularly your preferred choices regarding psu's.... my life is a swirl right now so please be patient...... I plan to visit Zurich soon.... I plan to visit you then.
Old 23rd August 2013, 07:05 AM   #1255
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
EB.....
my phono of course

btw JC is a bit better but the BOSS is Salas !
Old 23rd August 2013, 08:07 AM   #1256
diyAudio Member

Quote:
In technical side of view and spoken for transistors.... there are plenty much designs out there....

must I be afraid now? Sorry I respect the person JC and his personal work but he is not a Guru for me, I look to him more as colleague - nothing less, nothing more.
Old 23rd August 2013, 08:16 AM   #1257
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Joao, I recently experimented with a Kiseki and a Benz LP and the results where splendid... what would you suggest for fixed resistors ?

I did not say you should follow JC, I heard his vendetta and my builds sounded much better.... But he knows some things.

I did receive your e-mail and answered, anyway, I must call you to discuss the points you wrote about... particularly your preferred choices regarding psu's.... my life is a swirl right now so please be patient...... I plan to visit Zurich soon.... I plan to visit you then.
Hi Ricardo

ok I can see... what about of Koetsu, SPU etc. The Benz and Kiseki are nice carts but, sorry my opinion, un-musical.

What resistors? That depends on the system the phono stage is implemented but in general I prefer Caddock MK132 or Kiwame (little noisier but more musical).

Yes I know that you didn't say I shall follow JC but I only wanted to support you going your own way and not compare to someones design because he is prestigious in the audio world.

I did not get your response mail, can you try to send it again. And yes you can call me that we can discuss some topics you like to know about psu's.

You are welcome here and I will be glad to meet you.

BTW. OT: Forbes is planning an article on turntable and will add my VEGA turntable.
Old 23rd August 2013, 09:58 AM   #1258
diyAudio Member

Quote:
my phono of course

btw JC is a bit better but the BOSS is Salas !
In what sense is better JC vs EB?
Old 23rd August 2013, 04:25 PM   #1259
diyAudio Member

just the Blowtourch phono
Old 23rd August 2013, 05:49 PM   #1260
diyAudio Member

?

Hide this!Advertise here!