Valve Itch phono

Who knows but I see a pattern in this. Peakyness is not a problem you write home about. Very easy to get rid off. Unasked harmonics is a more common problem seldom talked about. I just measured a HQ coupling cap and it stayed in phase up to some 5-10k then it drifted off around 5-10% above that. Some people are allergic to certain video formats. I am allergic to phase drifts in global feedback

Felipe , I try and try....at the end I add a 18k resistor with the usually 47 kohms. about total 12kohms load.

But the situation is diferent: is for a MC + jensen SUT. This low value can do control the overshot/ringing of the trafo.( verify with gen and oscillo) The treble is good and the rest fine.The reflected load is ( 1:10) 120 ohm.Minimal ten times the resistence of the cartridge ( cart 10 ohm > refl 100 ohm)

The cable capacitance is minimal and the 6n2p-ev is also very low. Sound very well.

I like it.

Cheers

Jensen can take an RC or just damp secondary in lower than 47K. Must check that the frequency response remains wide enough when damped heavy. Generator & oscilloscope are best advisers indeed.

I agree, Salas.

The frecuency range is very flat.

I use really a zobel network ( RC - a resistor with a little styro cap in serie), but the important is the resistance value.It works at the ringing region only: the trebles.

Regards

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Felipe , I try and try....at the end I add a 18k resistor with the usually 47 kohms. about total 12kohms load.

But the situation is diferent: is for a MC + jensen SUT. This low value can do control the overshot/ringing of the trafo.( verify with gen and oscillo) The treble is good and the rest fine.The reflected load is ( 1:10) 120 ohm.Minimal ten times the resistence of the cartridge ( cart 10 ohm > refl 100 ohm)

The cable capacitance is minimal and the 6n2p-ev is also very low. Sound very well.

I like it.

Cheers

Thanks hego I'm trying now different kind of 47k resistors, 1st was a plastic trimmer to know what's the value I like more, 2nd was a metal film PRP & actually is a carbon wire wound ARMSTRAN.

A vulgar AT33ptg/II.

I have in mind to buy the same AT, could you describe the kind of sound?

Felipe, I use ever no expensive, vulgar an noisy carbon film resistors, like Piher, Bradley Allen, Kimawe or similars.I think . they haven the best sound. (At my taste, of course)

The AT33PTG/II sounds very well, may be a few analytic and detailed, but is also dynamic and natural.I fell in love with this cart and is affordable.

Xto

Regards