TEAC PX-300/PX-500 Turntables HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

Any members in here remember a Vintage TEAC Turntable series from 1975-1977...TEAC PX-300,PX-500...they were Direct Drive Turntables, with S Shaped Tonearms and Removeable Headshells. I have seen some info from a Brochure, but was wondering how these Tables compared to the competition of the era....in Technics, Denon, JVC, Pioneer...etc.. I have a TEAC PX-300 coming to me very soon, and was looking for any info that anyone may know of them...Thanks, Ray:confused:

TEAC PX-300/500 Turntables

Ray,
I think I may have already replied to you,if your post is also on the www.vinylengine.com forum, but will reply here, too, as other members of diyaudio.com may also be interested.
Having owned a TEAC PX-500 for over 10 years, apart from a tendency for the speed to drift, which I cured by cleaning/relubing(don't ask what lubricant I used-it was quite a while ago and I don't remember!)the main T/T bearing, have never had any problems with it.
I replaced, also quite a long while ago now, the original TEAC plastic headshell, with an aluminium one from a SHARP SG500E, to which is fitted an ADC QLM 32 cartridge. This has always given good results over quite a wide range of musical styles & types, on both 33 & 45 rpm records. The Tracking weight and Antiskate are set to a little under 2g., which seems ideal for this combination. All I had to do otherwise, when fitting the SHARP headshell, was to gently bend the end of the finger lift downwards because it was scraping the inside of the perspex cover!!)

TEAC PX-300/500 Turntables

I should make one correction to my original post. My T/T is a PX-300. I don't know why I typed PX-500. It's only about 4 feet away from where I'm sitting as well. Must be getting old!!
Having found and re-read the owners manual, it states on Page 15 that 'No part will EVER(my capitals)require lubrication and NEVER(my caps)attempt to do so.
Despite the fact that my T/T doesn't seem to have suffered any ill effects, I thought that, in view of my earlier post I had better point this out. Please DO NOT LUBRICATE any part of a PX-300!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.