Phonoclone 3 - Page 23 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2009, 11:02 PM   #221
diyAudio Member

Right now I'm inclined to think that these bennic ones linked above are the best yet. They seem to edge out the blackgate Nx and GE poly caps in terms of clarity without any trace of harshness. They probably need more time, but they are very nice indeed.

Note that it is not a huge difference I'm talking about. I'm really only posting since the 4.7uF blackgates are unobtainium (although the ones RJM mentions above are available) and if you are buying some from eg. madisound, you might as well get the best. Cost really between these and the GE is negligble.

Fran

EDIT: Just like my experience with partsconnexion, the fellas at madisuond are very good to deal with. International no probem and they only charge what it costs. They refunded me $2 one time as they overcharged for shipping. Very decent fellas.
Old 3rd February 2009, 05:23 AM   #222
rjm is offline rjm  Japan
Richard Murdey
diyAudio Member

My take on Fran's BOM. Updated for the 31n board, includes the gain calculator worksheet and a few more notes, but removes the Mouser part numbers he so carefully (and helpfully) supplied in the original.
Attached Files
File Type: zip phonoclone_3_bom_rjm_office_2007.zip (14.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:21 AM   #223
rhysh is offline rhysh  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to rhysh
Full kits will be made available with the boards. Looking at the variation of countries people are located in, this will save everyone money.

I will leave out the two resistors which calculate the gain keep in mind. I can order these on request or you may like to get hold of them yourself.
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:36 AM   #224
diyAudio Member

hi rhysh,
this would be a great option and very kind of you. Mouser is not the favorit distributor in Germany and when going with alternative dealers, you often end up in having to order parts of three of them (crazy grammar )
So what about the RIAA parts? Can you just order more parts to match them and we share the cost of the parts and your work for matching?

again, great offer
stefan
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:47 AM   #225
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by noelectrix
hi rhysh,
this would be a great option and very kind of you. Mouser is not the favorit distributor in Germany and when going with alternative dealers, you often end up in having to order parts of three of them (crazy grammar )
So what about the RIAA parts? Can you just order more parts to match them and we share the cost of the parts and your work for matching?

again, great offer
stefan

I can order parts to match, no worries. Once i get the BOM up and running and total prices i will get more information out.
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:49 AM   #226
diyAudio Member

Anyone after a kit, i have included another column on the wikipedia table to enter Yes or No.
Old 4th February 2009, 08:23 AM   #227
diyAudio Member

Any more takers for kits?
Old 4th February 2009, 09:18 AM   #228
diyAudio Member

Default Kits

Yes

Any idea on a price?

Brett

Where's the wiki page again. Trying to scroll back through the thread...........
I realized that a major part of my job was to figure out how to use technology control to create economic force, or leverage, such that money and business flowed in Microsoft's direction” — Alex St.John, father of DirectX.
Old 4th February 2009, 09:50 AM   #229
diyAudio Member

Default wiki

found it

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.p...lone+3+mini+gb
I realized that a major part of my job was to figure out how to use technology control to create economic force, or leverage, such that money and business flowed in Microsoft's direction” — Alex St.John, father of DirectX.
Old 4th February 2009, 12:42 PM   #230
diyAudio Member

hi rhysh,
in case you use cheap output caps, i would order the whole package.
But if you plan to add exensive ones, could you leave them off for me (cause i wanna use my old fancy BG Ns) ?

stefan

Hide this!Advertise here!