all my questions, any help? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd April 2003, 06:46 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default all my questions, any help?

ok, this being my first project, i need some help.

I've pretty much got the following parts:
tl072cp x 10
tl072acp x 10
tl082cp x 20
ne5532 x 10
lm837n x 40

the lm837n looks like a good choice because of the low noise and THD specs and the unity gain stability and ect...

question1.) would you suggest the ln837n over the ne5532? though i can only use a few ne5532's, i need to know if i _should_ use them!

I can also use what look to be polystyrene capacitors or polyester capacitors. the polystyrene have non-magnetic leads, the polyester has magnetic leads. the polyester values can range from .001uF to .27uF. the polystyrene has a max value of 39nF. this means i'd have to use large resistors to compensate.

question2.) do you think the benefits of using a polystyrene capacitor in a signal processor would justify using higher resistor values for the subwoofer processor?

quesiton3.) how should i arrange the signal chain? like having an input selector and some kinda buffer (balenced receiver) and then a volume control then the EQ-like stuff then the crossover then the sensitivity matching stages then the amp?

question4.) should i or even can i use seperate power supplies for the sub amp, speaker amp, and signal processors. i'd like a +-15 or so regulated supply for the processors, an unregulated supply with a capacitive multiplier for the sub amp, and likely just a pure unregualted supply for the speaker amp.

thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!