|Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|13th October 2008, 07:59 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2007
Audiomeca TT Replica
I will start with an Analog Front-End (1626 Darling and RESO SABA Greencone will follow: with 5Ohm Output Transformer):
- own Audiomeca TT Clone:
* DC Motor Battery Powered,
* integrated Strobe Electronic,
* Unipivot and/or Schroeder Arm (will also try to build a own wood MC),
* Hiraga MC-Preamp Battery Powered (based on the THAT320),
* TNT-Preamble, Nuvistor Dual-Mono Preamplifier, Battery Powered.
No compromise! Lundhal, Mundorf, Amplimo, no Electrolyt!
I choose the DC Motor:
- maxton A-max 32 236645 and 236647, Farnell,
- maxton F 2140 934 and 937, Schuricht.
The schematics for the DC-Motor and the Strobe Control are ready.
I will start with the Physical Design (Zuken Visula) this weekend.
I buy different exotic Woods at Ebay this weekend.
Iīm braining about the Platter/Bearing and Subchassis:
- to clarify if the DC-Motor is located in the Subchassis? One or Two? the second for the DC-Motor dedicated and with the Electronic?
- 300mm Platter Diameter,
- Sandwich with Lead (will define the CG for the sandwich Platter) and an other Material, to be defined (Acrylic, Wood, Aluminium...),
- Tungsten-Carbide Balls,
- Iglidur Sleeves...
I start today with the ProE Mechanical Design (3D Volume Construction) with automatic CG Calculation.
Donīt forget, CG is also Center of Rotation CR for the Pure Mass!
Someone interrested? Open for all suggestion!
|16th October 2008, 12:22 AM||#5|
Join Date: May 2007
I decide to choose a lead free design for the platter.
But, copper is very expensive!
What kind of material can I choose for replacement?
Needs to be heavy to fix the CG in the platter.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Audiomeca Mephisto skipping - fixed||oldmancoyote||Digital Source||0||21st December 2008 06:54 PM|
|Audiomeca Damnation||56oval||Digital Source||0||3rd March 2007 03:18 AM|
|Replica Pre QUAD 22 - Questions on mids||Scabiko||Tubes / Valves||2||27th January 2006 02:28 PM|
|Kt66 Gec Replica||jacquesF77||Tubes / Valves||12||12th March 2005 10:03 AM|
|Leak TL12 replica using 807s?||SHiFTY||Tubes / Valves||3||19th April 2003 05:55 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|