One for Thorens tweakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What's the standard technical procedure to remove the 'thingies'* used on my thorens td160 to hold the control knobs (on/off and arm-lift) and motor pulley tight into place?

* small, round metal clip; generic component I never before encountered.

Thanks!

Simon

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You must be talking about c-clips. There are tools you can buy that will aid in their removal, but you can also insert a small screw between the open ends, twist slightly to spread them and simultaneously use another small driver to lift the c-clip off. Be careful though as they have a marked tendency to fly off and disappear.. Some hardware stores do stock them however.

Aah, a C-clip is what you call it :) Meanwhile I've removed several (the thorens is packed with these things) with a small pair of scissors taking special care not to damage the one holding the motor pulley; the only one I'll need to reuse. Good to know I can get a replacement in case I break it.

Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.