DIY FM Tuner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have now had my DIY Tuner for a while. Let me say it PLAYS fantastic, it is open detailed, with a very musical way of playing, the music is really comming out and has given the desire to listen to Radio a boost

2008-05-03_211434_Image-03.JPG

2008-05-03_211503_Image-07.JPG

2008-05-03_211549_Image-05.JPG

Pictures of the building process. Pictures of the finished tuner will follow.

I hope you don't mind me re-starting this, but the Dantimax kits are of interest to me and I was thinking of doing something similar to you. Assuming you built the MPX1 board, I have read elsewhere that it uses the MC1310, which is an older Motorola part. Could you confirm, or else state the actual IC used please?

Last edited:
Steve, that is correct, it uses MC1410 in conjunction with notch filters including, if I remember rightly, 19, 57, and 76 KHz. The MPX at FM MPX Adapter is far better, far smaller, and far cheaper. I tried to build the Dantimax tuner, but it never worked, even with their assistance, and the enclosure they provided or recommended did not fit the constituent parts in any way. It is essentially a car radio. The decoder did work and I still have it somewhere.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.