Simplistic NJFET RIAA

I finished my box :) and my PSU is finally "done-deal".
Phono will be dropped into the same style box with VU meters installed into front panel.
I'm waiting for my new DE-5000 capacitor meter to be arrivd from Japan. I need to measure C2 and C2Y tandem and would like to get precisely 15.2nF. All other advised by Salas parts will be drop at the same time to lower my gain a bit.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 353
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 339
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 328
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 328
I remember we discussed crimp connection here. Please see attached pictures and let me know if this is what we considered as an optimal way to use wires with screw terminals. I do not want to use WBT ($1 a piece is quite crazy) since min size is 20 AWG with no isolation. I have up to 32 AWG with insulation collar perfect for my RG-174 coax now and all PSU power wires.

Attachments

• Crimps 1.jpg
    Crimps 1.jpg
    875.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Crimps 2.jpg
    Crimps 2.jpg
    805.6 KB · Views: 167
Susumu RG and Vishay TNPW are smd resistors and available from Mouser. Miniohm resistors are a smaller wattage version of Econistor and Squaristor resistors and are available from Rhopoint Components. Some values are stocked in Farnell as well.

Precision (through hole) - Resistors - Components

Edit: You can buy directly from rhopoint components but you have to register an account first and then ask for a quote

Thoose wirewound resistors can cause oscillation. Once I had that problem with a Riaa.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I remember we discussed crimp connection here. Please see attached pictures and let me know if this is what we considered as an optimal way to use wires with screw terminals. I do not want to use WBT ($1 a piece is quite crazy) since min size is 20 AWG with no isolation. I have up to 32 AWG with insulation collar perfect for my RG-174 coax now and all PSU power wires.

That is exactly what I use.... perfect :)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Did you review your TT set up in detail by now? Platter leveling, VTA, VTF, overhang, tracking error null points, TT support... There could be hidden potential there from your last set up with older phono. Some Dyna 10X5 in the future will be the decisive step ahead from the DL-110 nonetheless.