Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The young and the restless

OK, don't shout, its here. :)

The young folded phono version on PCB is stable. I will send files to Tea soon. Listening to Bill Evans now, and I wanna run it in a bit more. Its performance proves adequate.

Attachments

• Channels.jpg
    Channels.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 684
  • OnBench.jpg
    OnBench.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 669
  • OnRack.jpg
    OnRack.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 639
  • PSU.jpg
    PSU.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 646
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thank you... I see I got it all wrong :)

Ricardo, this is a simplified tighter 1.1 type reg especially made for the PCB phono. So it does not resemble the general use ones and it can perplex you on first look. Even some values are tweaked. The boards quality proved very best by the way. No corrosion with handling, very easy to solder, and very tough.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
How about we sank everything except the power mosfets into resin to seal them from the heat and vibration? :)

Why would anyone like to perplex the future paleontologists with what kind of organism was a K369 bug preserved in resin, escapes me.:D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
As it is biased, the Norton Vref in the regs has a red LED compensation for its JFET CCS and measures very stable after 5 mins of warm up. The input stage runs circa 75% IDSS and its also nicely stable. Just don't push the ambient temp in the box with hot rod ideas is the precaution so to avoid tipping the tested thermal balance. Making it as the assembly notes will describe its enough to stay care free. I tested it for many hours in hot summer room temps near 30C with its lid closed and it did not do funny stuff.

http://www.ka-electronics.com/Images/pdf/Junction_Temperature_LED_Tempco.pdf

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Guide

Here is the Folded Simplistic Phono PCB build guide...
Takes some repeat reading for newcomers but this phono thread veterans will surely grasp it fast.
I have added MM compatibility values too. I kept it shortest possible, really.:D
If you spot mistakes let me know to correct and upload again.
I have sent to Tea what's needed for the PCB production also.
Group buy link.

Attachments

• Folded_Simplistic_PCB_Guide.pdf
    722.8 KB · Views: 4,746