Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Nearing prototype status. Less loop area in the regs part, check. Correct dimensions for even Mundorf SIO couplers, check. Poor man's C3 5mm cap alternative added, check. TP1, TP2 designations added (TP1 needs a pad of its own still). VR1 when turning clockwise there is more TP2 voltage, check. Sinks leg pads added, check. Gerberizes OK, check.:)

Attachments

• 55 gerber view.png
    55 gerber view.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 405
Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• ALU.pdf
    73.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No because its not like the paradise that both Mosfets connect to same thing at their backs. Needs be discrete sinks. No need you develop shore eyes to check, its 5mm, 22mm, 40mm interstage cap pads. 46mm, 56mm, 66mm output cap pads. DC straight to phono pads are already there. Pad in the reg out/phono in star ground and red pads of force sense around. C2x can take a 5mm pitch connector even.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I know... I was planning to use isolator pads :)

Anyway... no problem as there is no gnd plane so I will drill the holes for the "common" heatsink.

Interstage cap will have to be floating (no space) but that is ok also because output cap will have to be placed outside the board (I like the "big blues")

Cool work :)

PS: heard in the radio that Greece is teaching all how to get up after the big euro crash... wondefull... pity Portugal waked up so late.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I know... I was planning to use isolator pads :)

Anyway... no problem as there is no gnd plane so I will drill the holes for the "common" heatsink.

Interstage cap will have to be floating (no space) but that is ok also because output cap will have to be placed outside the board (I like the "big blues")

Cool work :)

PS: heard in the radio that Greece is teaching all how to get up after the big euro crash... wondefull... pity Portugal waked up so late.

For using just parts anything the P2P approach is unbeatable. But this one gives a lot of slack for a board. The individual sinks dimensions take several 3.8C/W models which are enough. The Rset value will be fixed after test of temp in summer so there will be no danger for the less involved builder. No isolation=better dissipation and less wrong isolation builder's errors.

As for Greece and standing up stuff we have heard a lot of hype 3 yrs now, its seeing first for believing.;)