Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
See what happens in a week's time, if not satisfied yet try to bypass with FT-1 22n Russian small size Teflon. Only check those before you install for their leads condition. Test value is normal & not breaking signal with a little shake. Kept in Red Army logistics for many years.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
All those you mention are good bypass caps. Don't care much if smaller than 1/10 to the output cap's value. Just try all of them in what you can find. You don't meet FT-1 easily in 47nF or 470nF offered last time I had looked. 0.1uF FT-2 is nice too.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi samoloko

Bypassing is not very simple... you must experiment until you find what subjectively suits your system best.

IMO teflon does not colour... it is quite linear.

I had good results with very small silvr micas (10 to 15pF)or slighty larger styroflex.

Teflon excels in spatiality....

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have several builds with obbligato gold... I like those a lot, sweet extended trebble, no harshness at all. Good overall caps. A big upgrade from amphom and lower quality MKP like Mundorf MKP.

I bypassed the obbligatos 4u7 with some smaller 47nF obbligato gold with good results.