Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here you have Lee´s board before I started heavy modding :)

Attachments

• P1010003 (Medium).JPG
    P1010003 (Medium).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 376
  • P1010007 (Medium).JPG
    P1010007 (Medium).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 367
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have been listening to a DL103 with my 57dB Salas Riaa with 420 ohms load. (As my system has too much gain, it works perfectly and noiseless.)

Comparing with the DL160, it really has the same type of presentation providing nice voices and articulate upper bass notes but with much more subtlety. Now I understand why some have the trouble to remove the plastic outer case or even replace it with special wood cases.

It recreates a wide soundstage and is quite fluid.

It does not have the high freq extension and detail of the higher cost carts but does not distort and tracks wonderfully.

I am using it on a Rega P3 with RB300.... A very good match indeed.
With a good phono preamp, such a setup is much more envolving and bigger than even the goldenote super dac playing lossless files from a pc.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thaks Salas,

have you a perfboard schematic?

As far as I know there is no pcb schematic available but I suggest you use Express PCB to design your layout.

Post it before you build it ! It will be a nice contribution and we will review it and try to avoid any mistakes.

Have you already decided on what type of components you are going to use ?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hy Salas

i want to buy me a ps for the phono and found this HP 32V/1560mA 0950-4476 HP Power Adapter 0950-4476

i want to filter it with 10000-20000uf(crc) before it powers the shunt.what do you say?it will work like a regular transormer on hum issues or worse?

Looking at the size of the HP adapter, it must have a very small TX so probably it is a switch mode psu. As it is so inexpensive, it will be a good contribution for us to know if it works ok.

I always used "normal" TX + Rectifier + Smoother PSU´s and in this case the type of TX is very important as well as it´s VA rating.

Inboard PSU provides the best imediacy to the sound but I opted to use external psu´s when hum becomes an issue. (In this case, local shunt input bypass is very benefitial).