Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Newbie question about Power transformer? I have been reading the pdf file that PSGR produced about the transformer required for a MM Cartridge. I have a shure m 97x, so I need the 24V 50VA transformer. Can I use the Hammond 166L24 which is a 24v 48VA transformer? It is cheaper from digikey than a 24v 50va toroidal transformer. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

I was planning to build the Salas Riaa using the PSGR pdf for the MM Cartridge. I got some matched 2sk170's that are matched at 7.6 idss. Can I use them in the pdf schematic requiring 8-9ma? Or I see some of the older schematics require 7-8ma. Should I build one of these?

Any input is appreciated.

Yes. What is your now MM phono stage you want the MC pre pre for?

Salas attached my current phono stage. It is best opened using windows picture viewer so you can zoom

Attachments

• phono.jpg
    phono.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 394
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I was planning to build the Salas Riaa using the PSGR pdf for the MM Cartridge. I got some matched 2sk170's that are matched at 7.6 idss. Can I use them in the pdf schematic requiring 8-9ma? Or I see some of the older schematics require 7-8ma. Should I build one of these?

Will simulate your Idss in that MM circuit and let you know.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The Itch and the Bench. The Itch was made by listening to the Bench and the Simplistic. The Bench managed after I measured its Riaa transfer function and changed a key value. Without the SSHV PSU was less than the Itch. Kofi Annan made it with SSHV and the Riaa mod. Had a thread here. I have given the Itch to a friend who had the Thorsten grid leak and did not get to apply an SSHV to it so to know how it goes with it. He does not give it back for experiment, he listens to vinyl every day! But I will grab it one time!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member

You will need to change R2 to 43R and R7 to 1.5K in the PSGR PDF'S MM, and you are good to go.

Hello

Some time ago, I built the "original" Le Pacifique circuit and I am very pleased with it.

I plan to build now the cascoded and output buffered version (thanks ikoflexer for the resuming document posted here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/129126-simplistic-njfet-riaa-271.html#post2007362 )

But I have only 2SK170 V's, mostly about 14mA IDSS.

Could I use it for this circuit?

What are the drawbacks / changes?

Maybe it is already described in this hughe thread?

Any pointer is appreciated.

Franz