Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@Salas

Still I have some noise, posible as you said before due to mine bad design in the RIAA connections between components, mine question is:

Have I any way or general rules to connect the components or to ground to avoid the noise, as per your kind advice I use coax shielded cable for signal & I grounded the gnds of the input RCAs by a 10nF to the chassis also grounded to gnd chassis the negative output of the regulator.

Thks in advance

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You mean some hum left? After you used the second psu it stayed the same or added some? Now you have two points from regs neg to chassis. If it was better before, try to have one common point for both to chassis. Also close the box if its open. Did you do the remote by now?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
What AC cable? We were talking -reg to chassis. Is AC running near too?

Sorry (mea culpa) isn't AC cable it's DC cable from PS.

Connected 1st one 10R from neg reg to chassis & the hum is the same, 2ns connected the 2nd resistor 10R from the other neg reg to chassis & hum is the same.

N.B. when is some supposed electrostatic current in the vinyl & the cartridge is gathered to the support of the arm I bring over the vinyl without touching the cart & sound some clicks & pops, that's is the first time I hear, I never hear this wen used mine Cart Arkiv togheter mine phono Linto.

Last edited: