Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hmm,

LEFT channel I have these possibilites on hand to match the 46nF723:
46.3nF + 324pF (marked 330pf) + 99pF (marked 100pF) = 46nF723

RIGHT channel I have these possibilities on hand to match the 46nF723:
46.4nF + 320pF (marked 330pF) + 3pF = 46nF723

Like your suggestion only 3 caps per channel.

I am happy only need to buy the resistors:)

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
@Rcruz

I asked to Pcx Shinkohs with exact values for 47K & 6K8 & the answer:

"Sorry, but we are out of stock of SHINKOH-68191 so I can only assume that this order will not work for you now because you need all the parts, and matched to exact values. Please advise, thank you"

I asked to Michael Percy for Vishay "nude" TX2575 6K8 & 45K804 & he answered that only have on stock 6K81 0.1% tolerance & if I want more tight tolerance must be 0.01% because 0.1% tolerance 45.804K coud be 45.760K to 45.849, I told him to ask Visahy a quote for 0.01% tolerance.

Meanwhile your RIAA every day sound better:)

About Rs is on delay, yesterday arrived the DAC Buffalo II with the IVY III & the two Placids: one bipolar for IVY & the other for Buffalo, these guys of Twisted Pear do a very good work (yesterday I spoked with Erno Borbely to know how be modified his I/V for the Sabre ESS9018 & the answer was that don't know his waiting for his Buffalo DAC to test it & I will let me know), sorry for off-topic.

Best

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
1. Its a must, they dissipate over 250mW due to the large voltage drop. If not rated 3X dissipation, their noise and rudimentary distortion goes up, their silent life shortens.
2. Best you can have/pay. Bypass the Solen with 10nF Vishay MKP1837 or something equivalent & synergistic if you can. Obbligato is good for the money asked. Easily beats Solen. If the load driven is high, like 100k valve line pre, many 0.47-1uF good oils, wax, Teflon etc.
3. C9 is a 10n-100n bypass that was on the circuit drawing I worked on. Helps if there is RF and V1.0 shunt. Maybe gives problems with remote sensing. Try in and out in your final build.
4. Yes I have tried. DL103 basic model good on 500R-680R, DL103R good on 150-180R. In my system, my ears. Use 2 board pins for soldering load resistor, so to test some values easier.
5. 47n there is good polypropylene and 16n there is Russian Silver Mica.

Thank you Salas,
1- I will try a caddock MK132 0.75W
2- I drive my line stage with 10K shunt step attenuator. Maybe 3.3uF it's not enough. I will try Solen film and foil polypropylene because I did not found a distributor in Canada for Obliggato cap.
3- It's a bypass cap where?
4- Thank you for info!
5- Thank you too!

Maxpou

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Looking good !

In the psu I see only two rectifiers per channel... Are these double ?

I am quite interested in your opinion regarding sikorel versus jensen....

Finally do the comparison between the sikorels vs jensen:

Sikorels more scene & all the music bigger than jensen, with jensen the music is more tight not so relaxed than sikorels, the focus in jensen are better but long sessions will be better sikorel, sikorels seems that you are most inside the music but jensen seems more precise with highs & sikorels is the winner in the mids & bass. The best: one mix of both.

If you have Jensen 4 pole 10.000uF/63V don't spend money with the Epcos Sikorel 10.000uF/63V or viceversa.

All depends what are you looking for: if you need more tight sound possible the best will be Jensen but if you need more open spound with more scene & relaxed sound your chance will be the Epcos Sikorel.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thank you Salas,
1- I will try a caddock MK132 0.75W
2- I drive my line stage with 10K shunt step attenuator. Maybe 3.3uF it's not enough. I will try Solen film and foil polypropylene because I did not found a distributor in Canada for Obliggato cap.
3- It's a bypass cap where?
4- Thank you for info!
5- Thank you too!

Maxpou
2- 5.6-6.8uF
3- B+ to ground directly.