Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
To Mr. Merlin the :wiz:

Two V1.0 shunts are better as Ricardo has experienced too, no doubt, but not a restriction, just a little more quality. You can taste 90% of the quality with just one for now. Your channels are very well matched judging by the voltages you measure now that they are finally both running well. That Q6 must have died during experiments with the shunts, if it got more than 47V at a point.

Nothing much about the help, I would just have hated you have spent so much money and left sorting it out alone. I hope you have now some more experience and be more confident trying circuits beyond kits in the future.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Workable for now, nice clean build with very good components in general. Of course shorter cables later when with two shunts operating will be better, and then remote sensing of course. How did you kill one tx by the way? If you experience any hum from GND loops, or from the AC cabling running across meanwhile don't pay much attention before you would have the final arrangemend to debug anyway. Have a happy initial listening. Good job.:up:

Good gob
but as you use two box ,why put the AC on signal box ?

:smash:

Edit
ops Salas just note this...

Attachments

• ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 307
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks, I have no room in Tx boox to mount the PS, the idea is in one box the regs. & phono & in other box the Tx & PS. I kill the Tx due to a wrong connection (are dual: primary 115-230 & secondary 20V/2.4A-40V/1.2A so I wired wrong) & when connected the Tx do a lot of noise. Tomorrow I will hear.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello Salas,
I've selected the 2sk170 for the circuit of the post 2795 and they are from 8,1 to 8,3 mA selected in pairs plus one quad for the first stage Q1 Q7.
My input is 0,4mV and i don't use C10.
How I must modificate the resistors of the schematic for the correct gain?
Thanks a lot
Guglielmo

Here you are, for your special situation.

Attachments

• Gugliemo.gif
    Gugliemo.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 2,366