Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2006
Paid Member
As I am using the same preamp inputs for the CDP and the Riaa, I can not do quick comparisons due to the connect / disconnect cables procedure.

For what I can remenber, the CDP lacks trebble definition (A LOT) and can not recreate a big soundstage like the TT.

TT rules with big margin.

PS
Love to hear the caps breaking in.

Cruz ,bass ?

I read a little on tone arm ,in general the unipivot have better air , bearings bass firm...12 inch aree better and have minor error traking

at fist nylon on 3009 was the upgrade on steel knife-edge ! after marketing go for steel.....try bronze....

Salas suggestion for diy 12" arm ?!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
nicoch46 said:
Salas suggestion for diy 12" arm ?!

Don't know about DIY arms, I am no expert on this. An arm that I liked as a mechanical object with nothing to complain about its sound too, is SME V, but is way too expensive for me.

Attachments

• seriesvbig.jpg
    seriesvbig.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 502
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi nicoch46

Bass is quite good... it is tightening as I write.

I have the following readings:

C2 Caps DMM Add 5%
(NEW) obbligato 47nF 45,1 47,36
45,2 47,46

(OLD)PIO 47nF 47nF 44,5 46,73
44,3 46,52

So I believe the difference in cap value here is not so important as in the 16n case.

Dinner time

:worship: :violin:

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
nicoch46 said:
œ±Á¯± š¬»»±Â

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBW5a77wINQ

dont need microphone......

I had a chat with Onasis Olympic Airways glory days head steward used to be guy. Completely unknown to me I offered him a seat in a crowded restaurant since he was looking to find and was an old aristocratic looking man not keen to ask. He told me that Onasis when wanted to make her furious, was calling her a ''microphonist''. He knew that it was so untrue so to guarantee storm break.

RCruz

"The groove is cut directly in copper metal. Transient response is greatly improved. Stampers are plated directly from the DMM Copper Master, eliminating two of the three plating steps required for lacquers. In short, DMM yields better detail resolution and a lower noise ratio."

200g ,half speed ,split in two lp ,not so bad but is not direct cut recording ,:( becouse the skunk are the only few rock band that rec studio album playing together like live !