Simplistic NJFET RIAA

to push the phono to limit I try some basic suggestion ,corrections and help are welcome !

fist use a Sals shunt! a must
- all dual mono ,psu-shunt- phono
-cooking parts , only trying you will knows

use separate box for trafo and psu , the shunt in phono box and better put the heatsink out .

now we need a connection beetwen ,here the :devilr: RFI ,better use not so long screeened and tinned cable ,connector neutik,at last there is a model anti rfi , yes tinned becouse don't carry so much the RFI and protect the copper ,a good paper ,supra cable can be found on ebay.... here andhere
supra cable can be found on ebay.... decent

the box for decent protect you need 10mm of alu ,put only small hole to avoid rfi , any suggestion ??

and this, its a simulation made in sketchup renderd in kerkythea

Attachments

• 3wayhorn.jpg
    3wayhorn.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 459
hi george,

xover freqencies are approx. 450 and 3000 hz. Its difficult to determine the bassrolloff for me its more than enough. I can not measure it appropiatly.

for the highfreqhorn I use a BMS 4538 for the midhorn I use an eton 4-200/A8/25 HEX.
and for lowfreqhorn a focal 10 V 6412. I like the sound of these units in this way a lot. At the time when I build it I had no money to try a 2 inch compdriver.

But when I had to build it again I would try an bms coaxialdriver in the midhorn and skip the highfreqhorn.
I would use an other lowfreqdriver too but I had the focal laying around tried it and was not dissappointed.

As for the plans I really have to dig in my archive but if you are serious about it I can dig it up. But I warn you it is a lot of work, alot of rounded corners and to makes these really nice you'll need lots of epoxy, thin layers of wood etc.
I made the mid end highfreq horns myself too. First made a mould off mdf on a lathe and then epoxyresin + glassfiber. The midhorn is about 43 cm in diameter.

I designed all horncontours and enclosures with ajhorn. very good software.

When you want to build them for yourself no problem but for commercial purposes contact me first

greetings roy

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
roy algra said:
Hi salas,

Ive tried your advice and it sounds better.
I am going to build a proper psu first and evaluate from there.
Here some pictures of my setup.
greetings roy

Thanks Roy. Good workmanship on the horns. I see why you take extra care to prevent possible noise. High sensitivity speakers...
I have 95dB sens 3 way tower, self designed DIY with direct radiators. I use a 2mV High MC Denon and 43dB gain. My preamp is a 6V6 trioded buffer and my KT-88 trioded amp has 31dB gain. Zero audible hiss or hum with TT. The issues to be solved if they ever come up, are in power regulation and grounding. Don't worry about intrinsic noise in the phono. Its adequately low. If you look back in the thread, Ricardo (RCruz) has shown his precautions and grounding schemes that step by step led him to tuned tone, low noise floor and buzz free life. You must make it first, and from there we start tweaking for sound or other issues. Guys here have a lot to suggest.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I used the 3s just because that was available at 0.1uF FT on Ebay at the time. I also wanted a batch that could double its role in my valve projects too. There is good to stash on high enough Voltage. I would assume that 2s must be 99% the same stuff in the phono application, and they are smaller as a bonus. That is good for a shorter layout.

Hi salas,

Nice setup Ive seen the pictures on your earlier posts. Have you ever heard an akido preamp? I really like it a lot. I would like to have a liitle gipsen statue of john broskie like the ones you have of mozart and other composers where you see the head and the part of the upper body, you know what I mean. and place it near the akido.

I ve made a layout for your design. and Iam gonna etch it soon.
I made it possible to put 3 sk170bl in the first stage, but the componentvalues are for 2 devices. If someone is interrested I can always make a version with just one device.

and if someone wants a highresfile just email. or is there another way to attach somewhat larger files to a reply?

greetings roy

Attachments

• salascom3.gif
    salascom3.gif
    87.3 KB · Views: 550
and this

by the way I made some small changes in cap quality in your design and listen to it yesterday for several hours. Music was Missy Elliott album called So Addictive well that appropriate its becoming really addictive to listen to it

Attachments

• salas2 copy.gif
    salas2 copy.gif
    72.3 KB · Views: 525