Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Salas, I have parts from Teabag on the way for a couple more Ultra-FSP's since I had three cases manufactured.

I'm hoping to do some side-by-side evaluations with different C3 and C4s, eventually I will probably give one or two of them away to friends.

(BTW how is your tuner working? I got the ST-J60 hooked up and an antenna in the attic and have been enjoying a couple local stations - classical and jazz)

@A321Drvr: Oh these things take time....
You should be pretty well sorted with a Galaxy 2U 330W x 170D if you want a side by side layout (230 deep if you want a lot of space, or for non-side-by-side options). Now, the usable interior width of the Galaxy 330W is actually 310mm—this is one reason a solution is taking time.... That is a very tight fit with the boards side by side (UBiB parallel to front). They will be touching and will be a couple of mm away from the side panels, and consideration for connecting power on the left board will need to be addressed, but I think it can be done. Another layout I was considering is making the UBiBs face each other up the center as close as mosfet access will allow—downside being longer runs for ins and outs, but perhaps cleaner power/signal separation—if that matters here... not sure. I ran my power right between the boards—and my build is silent—I did use shielded star-quad.

For PSU another 2U Galaxy but in 124W x 230D will fit an Antek donut followed by RAW PSU...there's just enough depth to float an IEC above the RAW board and XLR socket. In the end—it's likely that any chassis we come up with will have to be a group buy sort of situation with Modushop and minimums—Jason is super busy....

@longspeak: That is just SO luxurious. I love it. Likewise I can't wait to get my 2 arm plinth made so I can A/B FSP with SUTs against Ultra for MC. Actually quite motivated to do that—just need plywood—Already made the 2 arm template and worked out the arm placements for the SP-10. 10.5" at back, 12" on right. Also will allow Hana ML and AT33PTG/II without switching heads and changing weight! Too cool. Both carts are above reproach IMO after a couple of months of time...

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
(BTW how is your tuner working? I got the ST-J60 hooked up and an antenna in the attic and have been enjoying a couple local stations - classical and jazz)

Its working immaculately on its original parts from 1979. Doesn't drift centering after days off even. Got another one today. Cheaply. Synthesized this time. Matches my deck. Had some issues that I fixed. One last issue remaining because I must order a memory capacitor first.

Attachments

• IMG_20201027_173947.jpg
    IMG_20201027_173947.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 306
I can't wait to get my 2 arm plinth made so I can A/B FSP with SUTs against Ultra for MC. Actually quite motivated to do that—just need plywood—Already made the 2 arm template and worked out the arm placements for the SP-10. 10.5" at back, 12" on right. Also will allow Hana ML and AT33PTG/II without switching heads and changing weight! Too cool. Both carts are above reproach IMO after a couple of months of time...
pfarrell very cool!!

I'm still on the edge with an SP-10, I've been chasing a few different arms and figure that I'd get the arm first and then figure out the plinth and SP-10 doner.

Its working immaculately on its original parts from 1979. Doesn't drift centering after days off even. Got another one today. Cheaply. Synthesized this time. Matches my deck. Had some issues that I fixed. One last issue remaining because I must order a memory capacitor first.

That is really great Salas! My kids are mocking me for listening to FM radio... but I catch them enjoying it.

Case and Things

Holy Catfish Batman that was quick,

Talk about busy OSMC, M2X, Aikido , and other stuff. I think what I will do is get the boards and a piece of poster board with the various galaxy sizes and "Cipher" on it a while. What I really need to do is get my Wayne's 2018 in a case wife is getting tired of the Volume that goes to "11" on the UPS box. ????

My I-Select and UltraFsp RIAA is in the shipping stage so it will get busy at my house as well.

Thanks

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have an article from here from Bloomberg that my neighbor gave me—Jason/DIYaudio is quoted, and all the DIY heavies are mentioned including NP/First Watt—section is all about DIY. Also stated is that in the US record sales have surpassed CD sales this year for the first time since 1986. They don't mention the metric of streaming to actual media though... that might be the most revealing.

@Salas — that vid is awesome.

Last edited:
I am sourcing for a transformer suitable for FSB power supply, I have an audio quality O-core transformer unused on the shelf by chance, it has only one secondary winding at 35v. and 50VA. As a bridge I will use an active diode bridge, LT4320 based, which is low loss or no loss at all, so it may perform like a 36/37 volts transformer attached to a more common silicon based diode bridge. I would guess is enough voltage all in all. If so, and I can take advantage of it, then I still doubt it not compromise the results by sharing the same secondary to both channels, do I must acquire another exactly the same to complete the pair?

Hi, I'm waiting for a parcel with a big kit and boards from Tea-Bag.
I want to ask everyone chooses toroidal transformer 2x32V or 2 toroidal transformer 32V.
I found such 65W R-CORE Transformer for audio 15V + 15V.
primary: 0-115V
0-115V
Secondary:
0-15V 2.1A
0-15V 2.1A
i want to ask if it won't be too weak 2x35W, requires 2x50W 30-32v. Thanks.