Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Scott hi,
Other tested earthing schemes to possibly try are a. The one described in post #17797 and used in most FSP builds, b. The one from Alex reported working well with his non metallic TT and arm in post #17902. The raw psu board has two diodes safe lift and resistors network already so not necessary to also use the full bridge he had shown there. You can just wire to the mains earth connected psu chassis lug from the PE --E pad instead.

My mistake since I supplied partial info ...
I use different Raw PSU board in my final build for Ult and that specific board does not contain these diodes and 10r/1r resistors. I used it due to the fact that I already have it assembled and set for right Vout for Ultra. This is why I used external full bridge with 10R and two of 1R resistors. Original Raw PCB has positions for all elements need for lifted GNDing.

Adjustments.jpg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
But you did not use C2x right. It does not have connection to R5x. Use a form factor that can reach the pad next to R5x. As it is it can't, goes to the rail straight on instead. Now its put like using an electrolytic but such a cap has series resistance of its own for the purpose. To properly damp the open loop gain of the reg. Else OLG is peaky.

From the guide:

C2x 4.7uF>63V 2 Wima MKP4, MKP10, or alike. 22.5 27.5 37.5mm pcm, MCap EVO
Elcap 22uF/63V 2 Alternative termination to C2x+R5x. Normal ESR, skips R5x. See notes

Salas last night's listening went well and it did open up. Today I'll start playing with C2Y values and get a second transformer wired up and report back. I really like the versatile design, again thank you (and Tea-Bag) for all the effort to bring so much enjoyment to others.

Last edited: