Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Go to post #1. There are three links in it. Click the bottom link that leads to Folded Simplistic's PCB pdf build guide. Download the guide and read it. It has schematic & BOM. Also a notes section that describes the key parts values for MM or other sensitivity.

I have the minikits and i am now ordering the rest at digikey. It's really dificult to find 50ppm 0.5% available. it looks like the resistors i need are all out of stock....maybe because diyaudio members bought them all :D

cmf55 and other are all out of stock... :sad:

can i go with 1% and skip the frustration?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its 2.2uF in the BOM not 22uF. Such stuff can be costly and everyone will have a favorite. For cheaper ones we usually turn to Asian brands but I had tested an economic Polish brand in my speakers lately called MIFLEX that seemed good value to me. I used their cheapest audio type but they have quite a gamut. Maybe you can start with such and see if you are content. TME carries them.

http://www.miflex.com.pl/en/products/kondensatory-audio-en-us/

Hi Salas,

I was moving my equipment around and one of the leads on C4 broke off at the cap body on my RIAA, the large size and weight of the Obligatto copper caps I had used contributed to the break. The specified value is 2.2 uF but I have some nice 4.2 uF clarity ESA caps in my parts bin. Could I just use the 4.2 uF caps for C4 coupling service, or will this adversely effect things.

Thanks,

Paul

Its 2.2uF in the BOM not 22uF. Such stuff can be costly and everyone will have a favorite. For cheaper ones we usually turn to Asian brands but I had tested an economic Polish brand in my speakers lately called MIFLEX that seemed good value to me. I used their cheapest audio type but they have quite a gamut. Maybe you can start with such and see if you are content. TME carries them.

Miflex Miflex

Thank you. Will give it a try

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its everywhere but the problem is they usually sell many many meters in reels so when there is no local shop that has it stocked to cut from a reel for you its a great waste. There is one UK located offer on Ebay I just saw that sends 20M for Euro 8.59 on free shipping though. Its RF sockets terminated even. So you can do the phono thing and then save 95% of it for many other projects/uses. 20M CAVO PROLUNGA SMA M-F ROUTER WIFI WIRELESS ANTENNA LEAD WIRE CABLE RG174

Based on our past discussions about input/output wiring, there are plenty of options and I used Mogami w2330. I see no issues with that specific model. It is very flexible and low capacitance. There are several sale companies of these bulk cable in EU and US. I got my bulk from eBay out from France.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here´s another MM riaa that delivers sweet music:) Soon i will place it in a nice chassis. Thank´s Salas and Teabag:up:
I have one more kit. Maybe i will make one for MC!?

Attachments

• Riaa.jpg
    Riaa.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited: