Simplistic NJFET RIAA

The specs for the two installed 170s are out of whack. I had only one useful spare 170 and my goal was just to get the board to work, figuring I'd straighten it out later. As noted, I asked Tea to supply three matched pairs (or at least two) for q 4, 5, and maybe 6. I'll probably replace the 170s on both boards.

The de soldering tool opens a lot of doors. I can pull and replace things easily without collateral damage. Heat is on the board one time for only a few seconds. Parts, as you said, are reusable. Yesterday I was wiring a tape monitor circuit on a 3P mini toggle switch and got it wrong. Instead of screwing around, I just de soldered every thing and started over. Took two minutes. Switch was clean and solder free. (Got it right the second time.)

I usually wait tool long before springing for the right tool; but when I do but, I try to get the right one. Hakko was the right one. Thanks for the nudge.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
They could be alright. Fix your rail range and run the build first to see what happens. You may need the wider range with other samples too. There are other factors also that weigh in the bias like the LEDS etc. You could also post a close up pic of those JFETs so we may say if they look the deal at least.

K369 Photos

They could be alright. Fix your rail range and run the build first to see what happens. You may need the wider range with other samples too. There are other factors also that weigh in the bias like the LEDS etc. You could also post a close up pic of those JFETs so we may say if they look the deal at least.

Here is a photo of the K369.

Barry 20160711_231447 [87127].jpg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
A little higher, 2 inch not 1,75. It will host FSP, USB DAC with SSLV pre reg, Muses electronic volume control, FSP+DAC+2 analog linelevel input select, 3 way output select from a DCB1 and maybe some more. Pondering about selectable hotrod in 3 steps.
Many things, much work, but one stop box in the end. Will save many interconnects and rack space.