Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Power Supply readings

Just powered up my ps. Two Triad VTP-36-1390 transformers. The 5W1RJ resistors shown on the first page of T-Bags post are installed at R/R Link. Readings same for both channels: 21.0 vac, 28.2 vdc. I can double the dc output to 56 vdc by wiring in series. (US mains.)

What should I be seeing?

Thanks.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
45-50V DC on each Raw board's DC output when loaded at about 100mA each will be long term safe for voltage and not that hot on the sinks. You can dummy load those outputs with about 500R 10W each and revise your RD/Link resistor values until in ballpark with your Tx and mains as a pre-test.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Your Tx are a 18+18 VAC nominal dual secondary model and you got a pair right?

If yes, wire the two secondaries in series on each. That makes one 36 on each. Connect each 36 to each ACin on the raw board. Measure DC out loaded.

I am guessing you will end at about 20 Ohm (2W-5W) RD/Link or little more because you already hinted on 17% stronger Tx than nominal when unloaded, and the load here will not be that strong.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
The first one took over two weeks so I was prepared for a similair delivery time. This was a nice surprise :) and I just received an email that the remaining stuff is on the way and will be delivered tomorrow! I am hoping to finish the project this weekend. Ofcourse I will post some pictures during the process :)