Simplistic NJFET RIAA - Page 723 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th February 2012, 07:18 PM   #7221
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Cool
Old 14th February 2012, 09:11 PM   #7222
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by df_genius View Post
I got my V1.2R regs debugged this morning (I tried to keep the layout as compact as possible), and have finished the phono section. I wanted to keep the regs as close as possible to the the phono section so used one board for everything. Using my old 15Mhz BK scope I can't detect any oscillation at all, I just get the noise of the scope itself at the highest frequency setting. I'm going to start installing into my pre-amp (using the baseplate as the heatsink) this evening, and have short a connection as possible to the input sockets. Here is a (bad quality) photo
A good try. Now let's see if they will give you some subjective difference. Let us know.
Old 16th February 2012, 05:25 PM   #7223
diyAudio Member

Almost there, I think. I just seem to have one issue, the voltages on Q4 are wrong. Both channels measure 1.0/2.0/0.8V on BCE pins. Both B and C pins start higher and then quickly drop to those values. The LEDs light momentarily and then go off. I've re-checked R13 and R12 and they are the supplied values. Supply voltage is a steady 45V. Any ideas please?
Old 16th February 2012, 09:14 PM   #7224
altek is offline altek  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Nice, cool work, hmm.... I'm was beginning to think that's what I did too difficult...
Old 16th February 2012, 09:50 PM   #7225
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by df_genius View Post
Almost there, I think. I just seem to have one issue, the voltages on Q4 are wrong. Both channels measure 1.0/2.0/0.8V on BCE pins. Both B and C pins start higher and then quickly drop to those values. The LEDs light momentarily and then go off. I've re-checked R13 and R12 and they are the supplied values. Supply voltage is a steady 45V. Any ideas please?
Is R2 OK value? Also recheck that the connections are following the schematic around the cascode. Q4 orientation also.
Old 16th February 2012, 09:52 PM   #7226
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by altek View Post
Nice, cool work, hmm.... I'm was beginning to think that's what I did too difficult...
Your build was busy and compacted too with VU meters even. Not easy. How is it going with it, listened to more records and systems? All well?
Old 16th February 2012, 10:24 PM   #7227
diyAudio Member

Yes, many times, and listened, liked, well-staged scene of a nice warm sound and no sharp, Jazz, Rock, very good
Compared with the phonostage Primare R 32 - took another for comparison from my friend.
It seems to me that my best (subjectively) - my softer more "articular"
It is best scene is particularly felt in the middle of the range (trumpet, vocals, bass string...)
Long struggled with the noise (ground) but in the past
The only thing that remains is that a strongly heated MOSFETs in a shunt regulator but not critical (63 C)
UV meter were made only for the beauty -))
Old 16th February 2012, 10:31 PM   #7228
diyAudio Chief Moderator

You use PIO caps also, they should be easy on the ear. What circuit do you use for driving the VU? Has op-amp, parallel capacitor to slow down needle ballistics etc?
Old 16th February 2012, 11:02 PM   #7229
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
You use PIO caps also, they should be easy on the ear. What circuit do you use for driving the VU? Has op-amp, parallel capacitor to slow down needle ballistics etc?
Good idea thanks. To control the VU meter I have get circuit from reel to reel tapedeck in the Soviet - K157DA1
(This is a special IC designed for analog indicators) and picked off caps for more spectacular reverse arrows.
Corrective capacitors and resistors , are connected directly to the chip and they determine the transmission coefficient.
Old 17th February 2012, 08:14 PM   #7230
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altek View Post
Your build looks really good. This will be going in my pre-amp with DC-B1, AK3493 DAC and headphone stage all in the same case. I had a different stage in mine previously using polystyrene RIAA caps and V1.0 regs, but wanted to build the best Salas phono stage I could for it. I had a few grounding issues but got the stage quiet eventually.

Last edited by df_genius; 17th February 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!