Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Tanks for links and advice I take that the interconnect have the shield cut at one end
So to avoid ground loops
I would not recommend to any one to cut off earth cable at the plug for any thing I make

The Eliot site shows a different arrangement (bridge diode and no 1Homs resistor)
It does mention that ground loop are caused and made worst by different length of cable
Putting a 1 Homs resistor in series is like making the cable much longer.

It is confusingly obvious that there are different way to pluck a Duck and one wonders if the Pre regulators as on the Paradise would also work (I am pretty much confused now those do different job. U sure?:confused: lets use those as well)

2 ground lifters is another option easy enough as got big bag of bridges and nearly 1000 3W 15ppm Holcos

But what wrong whit star or bus of stars for ground?

Same Papa look alike said a while ago
Thing should be as simple as possible but not any simpler (or sumthink like that)
So where is start up of discussion about the pre regulators or RAW psu?

A coaxial cable between two modules is a TWO WIRE connection.
The Signal Hot Flows through the core of the coax.
The Signal Cold Returns through the screen of the coax.

You NEED the Flow and the Return to allow the signal to follow the route from Source to Receiver and back to the Source.

Cutting the screen connection at one end breaks the intended Return Route.
You must not break the Return Route !

IF it was that I could read the abowe post which I can not as he is one of 3 in my ignore list I wuld say what a outher loads of pontificating POOOOOOOOOOO

Look at Eliot site and see loop whit shield in the inter-connecting cables
zero potential is mantained by the ground "earth cable" if same morron decide to cut that at the mains plug let him or any that got near the DIY FiFi die in case of any fault.

Like you say theres many ways to pluck a duck. Gloopes is just induction running around in conductors acting as spools in the magnetic field. You can brake it if needed in many wayz. Cut stuff, putting resistance, avoid induction, having next to none cable resistance to avoid voltage to current... If you cut the braid you will mess with the signal grounding (star in next devise). Up to you to set a standard. Peace brothers.

stajo 100% whit U

what realy gets stuck in my teeth is U MUST do such and such because I am betterer than U and u shuld have respect for your olders oap using public library intraweb attitude

Now may only claim to fame may be that Lemmy Lemmy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

told me U do to much wiz and Nina Haghen Nina Hagen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cook me breack fast once and bla bla bla ....still me asking because I wuld like to understand things

Definetley do not cut heart cable to mains plug stand

Most of my records are old (like me), and even LP's that I have bought recently have mostly been from second-hand record shops, so one always wonders whether the record is well made and not ruined by years of playing on bad gear.

Recently I bought some new vinyl. I was offered a decent deal on a package of 7 albums by a band I like, and I bought them. The packaging is very good, and all the albums are 180-gram vinyl or better. So far all of them that I have played have been heavy, flat, concentric, and quiet. As one who bought many LPs back in the 1970s let me tell you this is amazing. I used to buy a lot of albums from high-quality labels like ECM and Stony Plain, but they still were not always very good. These recent albums are amazing in their quality.

Of course the actual music on the records is well recorded (digital I assume), but they stand head and shoulders above many of my old albums, including some nice DG and Philips classical albums.

My point is that tonight I listened to a couple of these new albums, and they really showed me how good the FSP is. Two of the albums I already owned on CD, and had burned to my digital system and even have on my "portable" (the player is portable, but it connects to a not-very-portable amp which drives my over-ear AKGs), so I am very familiar with the music and have listened to the CD through speakers and headphones, and the burned version of the CD via my Logitech Squeezebox Duet into my speakers.

I am not interested in "analog vs digital" arguments, but I just want to say that these albums sounded great played back through the FSP. I really didn't realize until now just how much better the pressing quality of new vinyl is than most of the albums I bought 40 years ago.

It all depends on the print and batch so be nice if U post the catalogue numbers and we can all enjoy.
I like old records as well and will always remember the performance of the Simplistic playing Temptations Masterpiece I would allow one to clearly distinguish where and how tall band members where
The big disappointment was listening to Cult Box set, it was so bad, and I was going to say that for once the CD version was better but we are not going in to CD?Analog argument so I am not

I can give U many other examples of reprint been worse than original Shenakie verses Island or Joy division originals £3.50 and the 180g Box set£120.00
sorry I don't have the record numbers on me at present

I will get those numbers for U when I get home.

A very personal question now promise I will not tell anyone What Band? Not Abba?:D

General question: Could anyone be bothered to get a meter out and measure dynamic ranges of records before and after #
I got a second edition of Black Sabbath Black Sabbath that I have kept sealed as a present to my grandchildren’s eventually if I get any but in the interest of science....

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Most of my records are old (like me), and even LP's that I have bought recently have mostly been from second-hand record shops, so one always wonders whether the record is well made and not ruined by years of playing on bad gear.

Recently I bought some new vinyl. I was offered a decent deal on a package of 7 albums by a band I like, and I bought them. The packaging is very good, and all the albums are 180-gram vinyl or better. So far all of them that I have played have been heavy, flat, concentric, and quiet. As one who bought many LPs back in the 1970s let me tell you this is amazing. I used to buy a lot of albums from high-quality labels like ECM and Stony Plain, but they still were not always very good. These recent albums are amazing in their quality.

Of course the actual music on the records is well recorded (digital I assume), but they stand head and shoulders above many of my old albums, including some nice DG and Philips classical albums.

My point is that tonight I listened to a couple of these new albums, and they really showed me how good the FSP is. Two of the albums I already owned on CD, and had burned to my digital system and even have on my "portable" (the player is portable, but it connects to a not-very-portable amp which drives my over-ear AKGs), so I am very familiar with the music and have listened to the CD through speakers and headphones, and the burned version of the CD via my Logitech Squeezebox Duet into my speakers.

I am not interested in "analog vs digital" arguments, but I just want to say that these albums sounded great played back through the FSP. I really didn't realize until now just how much better the pressing quality of new vinyl is than most of the albums I bought 40 years ago.

Old records were mainstream consumer stuff. Today enough pressings target a niche market demanding audience. So their quality spec and price are set accordingly. 65dB SNR can be preserved there if they are careful. Direct cut can go 70dB.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There can always be good and badly judged studio mastering, transferred even on well pressed good material quality vinyl, but information is highly available nowadays and there will surely be praise or caution in the web reviews. Better always make a small online investigation on releases that catch your eye before buying them.

Got the Numbers for you from 4 august 2012 MPP tread post 6562
Shanachie79062 is catalog number and unique to that pressing so is Island ILPS9432
One need those to get right one as may be that the master is the same but the cutting is different
Big difference is quite possible it is an art to balance dynamics and record duration on the metal
Wider space between tracks = hi volume = short track length

Quote:
Most of my records are from the second hand shoop.
I have Chieftains Bonaparte Retreat from Shanachie records(Shanachie 79026)
and Island ILPS9432 newer unscratched reprint the original sound much much better much more dinamics and on Island one can clearly ear Echo before music realy start

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
BTW Bksbth, here's the alternative raw PSU double lifted you mentioned, I had also posted back then. Trafos 32VAC-36VAC (loaded) and 63V lytics will do. Lift diodes pairs can even be bridges (~~linked to PE, +-to zero line), also resistor bypass reference and RF grounding cap can be added to each lifter as you know.

Attachments

• Raw_Alt_Lift.png
    Raw_Alt_Lift.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 252