Simplistic NJFET RIAA

I still can't decide on resistors for all the other positions. I'm either going with "regular" rn55/cmf55 from dale or the ptf56 0.1% 15ppm. The only thing keeping me from the second ones is the price, at least double than the other. Does the better % and lower ppm make a difference? It will make better matching between channels for sure, but will it be an improvement over the already nice dales?

Mills (if it fits there)

Thank you. I assume it might fit nicely. I'll buy it today.

So far, I use 1.2K CFP and I just finished to assamble 63dB setup.
Hovewer, I have an issue. TP1-TP2 is getting -0.650 on both sides.
When I turn ON it jumps to +7.5V and then getting to that -0.650 value in 4 sec. same when I turn it OFF.
R13 is about 70 deg C.
My B+ is initialy set to 36V and Vin is little low +45V due to some V drop from K-Multy from Keantoken.
Tested all resistors value once again. No error there. All set per spec. Please help.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Good. What to do with test points and VR2x is in the manual in more detail also.

Nicely built AC power stuff. Congrats. Let us know how your modded cart behaves when all things with new gain configuration are sorted out soon.

Yes, I memorized your manual from A till Z, but I confused by that negative Voltage...:).
Definately, I'll let you know how it is going with my new cart.
Thank you very much.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
From the manual:

-Measure between TP1 and TP2. Red probe on TP1. Looking for a 3-4V range reading.
-If it reads much less, lower the rail voltage via VR2x slowly for taking TP1-TP2 to ballpark.
-If it reads much high, turn up B+ slowly. Let it alone for a minute. Tweak VR2x for 3.6V.
-Lastly use VR1 for better resolution tweaking at TP1-TP2.

To clarify: Negative is also "much less" than 3 to 4V so don't let it confuse anyone else from now on.