Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My FSP proved the best project yet for my Michel Gyro / Morch UP-4 / VDH Frog rig!

Everything worked perfectly from the start and adjustment was as easy as it gets thanks to Salas detailed instructions.

As expected, sound was very good and now I feel as a proud owner of a rare diy device...

Super cool build, very nice TT and I love your Frog.

What TX are you using ? (VA ?)
No hum ?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Now about PSU caps (Again)

After finishing my latest Salas board FS I started building a dedicated PSU.

TX are the "usual" R-Core providing 36VAC
I use Hexfreds followed by a 1ohm 10r resistor just to get rid of possible "nasties"
After that, instead of the "usual" 15000uF 4 pole Jensens, I used plain 10000u Mundorfs and guess what..... sound was ok but did not do the "magic" I am used to with the Jensens so I bypassed the Mundorfs with some 15nF FT-1 and things come alive.

Once again I must stress the importance of the smoothies, even behind the shunts.

Now, even if I do not get the same "reality sound bath" that I get with the old PSU sporting the Jensens, I do have wide soundstage with inherent powerfull detailed bass from a much less expensive setup.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Four pole separates to input and ouput current loops. That can be good since there is always some ESR. Bypassing or not should have same effect on four pole capacitors also. That regards high frequency and one must be careful on resonance side effects. If you hear sharper tone too instead of only cleaner tone alone, then revise.

So, and if I understood you correctly, you used HEXFRED diodes for rectifier, then you placed 1 Ohm 10W resistor, and then Mundotrf 10,000µF / 63VDC, MLytic, which you bypassed with 56nF Stypoflex cap.
Right?
All the rest is stays: 2x10R 3W bleeders, LED with its load resistor, GND with 10R and 2 oppositely connected diodes. Right?

Any reason why not to use rCRC? I used it blindly with no initial test: 4700uF (Nichi KG) + 15R + 4700uF (Nichi KG). Does it make sense to try to bypass these Ele caps with small Styroflex caps?