Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Got my heavy Lenco ready yesterday and man - it's very authorative with an atp12t arm and 103r through the FSP. Such nice mix of attack, clarity, silence and sweet tones. Salas - very well designed. :D

Regards

ATP12T carrying DL-103R on a Lenco is awesome stuff. Arguably just one small step bellow a hammertone Garrard 301 or a Thorens TD-124 carrying an SPU on an FR-64. Nice that your FSP build proved up to the task. :up:

Using Z-Foil trimmers for variable cart loading...

A 20K Vishay 1280G with, say, a 27K4 S102 in series (as I understand 20K is the highest 1280G you can get) sounds like a brilliant idea for trimming, for MMs - as it saves having a pair of parallel RCAs on the back, for loaded plugs (which is what I have been doing).

Are there any downsides to using these, Salas?

Regards,

Andy

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thanks, Salas - I would mount the 1280Gs on the circuit board (vertically) so you have to take the lid off, to adjust them. With accessible adjacent wire points, to attach resistance meter leads. So zero cabling distance! :)

Regards,

Andy

With the cart connected the reading will be off and DMM DC current will circulate its coils. You can measure directly on the RCAs or across the PCB signal input points after the TT cable is disconnected. With volume all the way down.

P.S. Got a picture?

Version 1.0 :D

Czf2hOWh.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That's cool Turbon. Can I ask how the motor sounds? I have lenco and have serviced motor as best I can. Still a bit noisy though.

Very silent, just the faintest swirl if I put my ear close to the platter. But then I have an aftermarket top plate (PTP5), spindle and idler wheel that probably helps :). Even the wife agreed to the look of it :).

Regards

Last edited: