Simplistic NJFET RIAA

If you mean the one with single BD139 and three capacitors I posted, its not a KM, just a second order normal capacitance multiplier filter. What is the practical voltage drop across it? About 1.5V? Here is its theoretical PSRR with your now capacitor values. 22uF Cout does not spoil it enough. Should clean some rail incoming EMI noises better, why not. Are bass and dynamics still good?

Hi Nick, yes the schematic you provided with one Bd 139 only. The voltage drop is about 1.5V. The structure of the sound remains unchanged but more enhance with less noise levels. Does the quality of the sound affect by the quality of the capacitor?. Also with the graph, the noise reduce with frequency rises with unbroken line but what about the broken line?. Sorry i don't understand that.
Quan

Last edited:
Alright Quan. Post us a picture of that new filter thingy when able. You installed it in the supply box or in the phono box, I forgot to ask.

Ok , the second order filter insitu. I will get couple of panasonic fc caps for c2 and 3 if you think it is worthwhile.
Quan

Attachments

• IMG_6919.JPG
    IMG_6919.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 294
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thank you guys, you are very generous. I'll buy soon this cartridge.
Next step will be Salas's simplistic jfet phono stage. I'll try, first, a point-to-point implementation of this stage. I follow your ideas about superior filtration (beta multiplication) used before the main power supply.

You will need to implement the 43dB FSP configuration as described in its PDF guide notes section. The DL-110 is stronger than the claimed 1.6mV output, signal will be good.

Hi Quan, looks nice. Got my caps, now where are my little green perfboards? Been looking for them for a couple of days.:D

Thanks Nick. I do think every one should try this. I am a novice with p2p but this one is easy enough. Had a guy over today and he was amazed by the FSP and exceptional compare to my reference rig phono which includes ypsilon sut and herron audio VTPH2 . I will get some good caps and try esp with C2 and C3.
Quan

How much would you advise to spend for a cart before the law of diminishing returns kicks in really hard?

I love the combo of Garrad 301/Analog instrument arm/ FSP/modded denon 103-esc stylus retipped &Uwe body. It is so coherent and musical , don't feel that i am missing any thing. Modded denon got to be my favourite and i 've spent 500 aud on that. BTW the denon 103 was given by my cousin with a bent cantilever thus perfect for retip.
Quan

Last edited:
The last few days i have been listening to Dynavector 10x4 MKII which Salas kindly lend it to me for audition. Thanks Salas! :cheers:
The Dyna replaces my Denon DL110. First impressions are extremely positive. More detailed report will follow in the next few days

Attachments

• IMG_3132.jpg
    IMG_3132.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 321