Simplistic NJFET RIAA

PTP Bearing?

PS - The TT is based on Lenco platter, with PTP 5 and PTP bearing (very good), plinth is locally CNC curt and Epoxy covered and buffed by me. Tone arm is the wonderful The WAND in its latest Plus+ implementation. For now Ortofon RED2M, just waiting for the Dyna (nice its also red so my wife won't complaint)

Are you saying that Peter Reinders is making a bearing?

I have a PTP on a slate plinth using a bearing from the fellow in San Diego (I think I remember correctly). I use five of the copper "mats" from TTWeights on top of the LENCO platter - much more mass than a double platter and I suspect infinitely greater damping from the mass and layers.

I am very happy with this turntable other than its propensity for the motor to generate 50 hz hum. Using a PSAudio AC re-generator to get 50 hz AC. By chance have you found a way to eliminate this noise. I am using a very low output MC. Can only minimize it, would love to know a trick to eliminate it.

I looked all over LENCO HEAVEN and admit I did not spend an hour searching but saw nothing concerning a bearing from Mr. Reinders.

Please fill me in.

Thanks,

It is really, really nice.
Can you be more detailed about PSU part.
How did you snubbed it? What values? Have you used Hagerman's snubbers calculation formulas?

Thanks, no real sofistication, and no Hagerman's calculation. I simply used PCB boards from Per Anders Strojom in the Netherlands, which I like very much. The RC are 100R Mills type and .047uF MKT caps.

"the DCB1 will be not capacitor free for any input anymore of course"

Right, but the rest will have no caps on their outputs :). So the gain would be that I as a maximum would need 2 very top line caps in the Mez instead of 12 in the devices :)

Regards

Hopefully you dont have any tube source devices then. Removing Opt caps usually meens dc potential on the output as I think you know. Some hundred volts on the rca pluspin would put some edge to your rig.

I received today the 0.047uf FT-2 caps im planning to use for interstage. The thing is that their contacts are really corroded. If i remember correctly the contacts are silver plated steel (dont remember where i read it). Any hints how to remove corrosion?

Attachments

• IMG_3000_filtered.jpg
    IMG_3000_filtered.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3001_filtered.jpg
    IMG_3001_filtered.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_3002_filtered.jpg
    IMG_3002_filtered.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
@andyr

HFNRR test disc II 300Hz tone looks like its cheating us by 1% nominally compared to a Telarc test record with 1kHz 5cm/sec level band I got and Vgeorge's new roadrunner controller with magnetic sensor feedback. I.e. When my Telarc says 1000Hz my HFNRR says 303Hz. When Vgeorge's controller counter says 33 & 1/3 from the platter magnetic sensor loop his DMM says 303Hz on HFNRR again. So shoot for 303Hz if ever using that HFNRR cut.

P.S. What record you used for 1kHz cut?

I was really puzzled yesterday, as I got a new tachmeter and PSU controller from a fellow member here : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/252742-digital-turntable-tachometer-dds-based-psu.html
With the test record I always got 303Hz when 33.33rpm spot on with the controller. I also read some other reports on the web, and it turned out to be the hifinews record to blame.
Also a laser tachmeter I got cheap on the web was spot on at his limited resolution of 33.3 only.
As a side note, Pyramid' s PSU and tachmeter get my highest recommendation. Excellent built, working perfectly and can be adjusted to almost anything.
The only thing is that they can output only 110V, so for the rest of us on 220V, you need a step up transformer. I built one in outside box with an A/C voltage indicator so I can monitor it, as it can be adjusted, in order to eliminate motor noise.

Attachments

• IMG_2543.JPG
    IMG_2543.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 277