Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
27R would be fine too if it was 4-4.5mA. Not that crucial, this adjustment just keeps the current alike to the prototype's 3LEDs tail CCS for all builds IDSS to ensure better long term reliability for Q2x regarding dissipation since it has much voltage across.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I am one happy bunny having spent the past two days listening to several LP's without the crinkly paper noise putting in an appearance.A big thank you Salas for your advice and designing the Simplistic;also to Teabag for his as usual excellent group buy and anyone else who's posts have helped :drink:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Nothing that I could actually say for definite although I suspect the led's as they did take some heat what with unsoldering and resoldering.
C2Y is a 220pf polystyrene which sounds fine to my ears no need for any other in my case.I do like the sound of the Simplistic.
For the p/s I used an 80VA Toroidy pl with 4x15V secondaries which I connected in series to give 2x30V.With the higher UK mains I had 32.3V secs which resulted in 43.2VDC so spot on.
I will treat it to a bigger enclosure in the new year so that I can use my better? caps.The pcb's only just fit front to back in the current one.
Thanks again.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That is a defunct good old school magazine that was kinda technical like HFNRR used to be? Without any previous hook up test, you never know. Be there with him initially at least having your iron and a couple of alternative polystyrene and bit of GND wire to judge hum and proper treble level in case you need mod it before you leave it to the critic.

Joined 2009
Paid Member