Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 332
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Salas,

What would be a high quality substitute for C2x 4.7uF 63v? Can't find PP Wima or Evo Munforf. Both out of stick in Mouser and Partsconn. How about advised for BIB Epcos MKTs? Plaintly of these in Mouser and DigiKey. However, these are not Polypropylene..

Better stick with MKP for this one. There is Evo in European vendors, but if it has to be North America there is MULCAP-51427 on Connexion at $9.38 and Wima is to be stocked in Mouser.

TP1/TP2 will be reverse climbing with temperature. Set it with closed case after 30 mins eventually. Because it will be difficult to monitor when closed, just hang two crocks out of the box each one clipped to C3 input side per channel. Measure between each crock and ground lug for TT sporadically. Find some initial B+ that allows for 4V between those crocks and GND when box is well warmed up and lid is on. Accuracy is not a problem, just to be hovering there about.

Lead from input off C 3 out off box. Measures between lead and Ground lug. There is aprox Zero volts ???????

I have to adjust Vr 2 right ?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi,

I'm planing to use jbau's Linear phase/Z LT1085 regulator as power supply due to its easy build. This regulator is not optimized for best noise performance but audio band linearity. Can I get any advantage of it comparing to suggested shunt regulator?

Regards.

I would not skip the integrated shunt regulators for an external regulated feed at +RAIL/GND if It was not for comparing a superb reg. The cabling alone is a potential limitation. Not to limit your creativity and combinations seeking though, I would say don't fix another solution before you had compared the stock one.
Are you doing it P2P maybe?

Are HiFi Collective really fooling DIYaudio Members with that audiofoolishness?

MKP wound for low inductance is standard in any industrial grade MKP.
It's not wound specially for audiofools. It is wound to perform as well as any MKP that meets good commercial quality.

yup that's an honest opinion:cool:

rude (as usual)but honest and one which just warrants these few words.

mmmmmmmmmmmm

still nice to see a minority view aired just for the sake of balance.:eek:

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I already collected parts for jbau regulator and prepared a single layer pcb layout. I may prepare a custom layout for your riaa circuit and append it at the end of regulator with a b1 buffer. Btw, I'm planning a complete custom layout.

Thank you.

The folded has a B1 like buffer of its own, maybe you could skip it and couple with small value cap from Q4/R10 node to the general input B1 section of yours through a selector switch.

The folded has a B1 like buffer of its own, maybe you could skip it and couple with small value cap from Q4/R10 node to the general input B1 section of yours through a selector switch.

I can skip it. I'm a bit new on this, thus I'm not aware of such things. Is there a latest version of the guide somewhere? I found one via google but not sure if it is the actual one.

Thank you.