diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Analogue Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/)
-   -   Simplistic NJFET RIAA (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/129126-simplistic-njfet-riaa.html)

Salas 13th December 2008 05:19 PM

Page12, post 299, has it ready for you @ 24V.

Cheers

Salas

es44 13th December 2008 05:48 PM

Wow, thanks a lot Salas, i missed that one, and i even read the whole thread all over again earlier today :xeye:

Back to the Pcb-layout program now :-)

All the best
Ebbe

Marinos 17th December 2008 04:08 PM

Hi salas,

I would like to build your phono preamp but he thread has grown.. and reading through it makes me uncertain which schematic should I follow.

I'm intersted to the high gain version ( my cartridge is at the 0,3 mV ballamrk ) but what finally is your suggestion

- with or without cascoding ?
- shunt regulator with or without leds ? (where does the sound of batterries stand compared to the shunt ?)

Thank you in advance for your help,
Marinos

Salas 17th December 2008 05:39 PM

Hi,

Tell me about your amps and speakers so I can help you better with what may be subjectively more suitable.

Marinos 17th December 2008 05:56 PM

Speakers: 2 way (focal tweeter + 2 8"audax aerogel ) in a 84 lt reflex enclosure and minimal crossover (MTZ design)

Amps: Holton's NXV 200 Mosfet modules

Salas 17th December 2008 06:08 PM

Use my post #110 (if you have more than 50k line in, else add a buffer), plus Led shunt.
Batteries are no good in general, even not as good as a decent series reg. You will see I used them as a test PSU when I was developing the Riaa on those earlier posts. This particular shunt is something you wanna listen to. Give it a go.

Marinos 17th December 2008 06:20 PM

Thanks salas.

Does the SB phono with your HV shunt regulator reclaim its head position sonically ?

es44 17th December 2008 06:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Man i'm struggling here, i think i told You all, that i'm no expert, but usually i can manage.
But this one's killing me. I have made a PCB, and to my eyes, there's no errors. Is there anybody here, who would look at it and tell me what i've done wrong ?
I'm sure i have, i just can't see it after staring for hours, and comparing with schematic.

Best regards
Ebbe

Schematic:

Salas 17th December 2008 06:23 PM

Marinos:

I don't understand. SB?

EDIT: Maybe you mean Steve Bench? I haven't compared much, but I would say 95% the same. Only the tube one is much costlier and needs much more work.

es44 17th December 2008 06:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And here's PCB.

I forgot to say, that i have 1.4 volts out, and R3 gets hot. All transistors and Fet's measured just in case, they are ok.