Simplistic NJFET RIAA - Page 500 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd September 2010, 05:52 PM   #4991
psgr is offline psgr  United States
diyAudio Member

Salas,
"Ouden pro tou telous makarize"
I will see what I can do over the weekend.

Pete
Old 24th September 2010, 08:23 PM   #4992
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks Merlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
Let me know wich is your arm pivot to spindle distance: 213.25 mm or 215.70 mm? so I can post your arm potractor
Hi Merlin

I joined Vinylengine as Ricardo suggested, but I am unable to download anything from their site, it's the only site I have EVER had this problem with and is a total mystery why.
I have the SME manual now from some where else, but still don't have the Thorens TD160b MKII manual.
It is available from Thorens site but they want you to PAY 10 TO DOWNLOAD IT !!!!! unbelievable !!!
I see there were, as you say, two pivot to spindle distances made, I think if there is a serial # on the arm it must be at the bottom. I will see this at the weekend if I remove the arm, and strip down the turntable. I will also look at the arm mounting board and measure this.
I am going to re-paint the plinth, and I also have to deal with a broken lid and hinges.

Cheers Simon......
Old 24th September 2010, 09:44 PM   #4993
diyAudio Member

try firefox /opera
Old 24th September 2010, 10:57 PM   #4994
diyAudio Member

Default Before and after ARMAGEDDON

[QUOTE=RCruz;2311849]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Space Egg Corp View Post
Hi thanks for recommending ARMAGEDDON to me.
QUOTE]
I built a Geddon
Hi Ricardo

Managed to find all the semiconductors for the preamp today, so have added them to my now quite long parts order.

Yes I noticed in searching the site you had made the Geddon and am interested in what you think of it.

I am deciding at the moment how to power the preamp, would like inbuilt transformer/s for convenience but also wondered if I did a Geddon I may well be able to power the preamp from that as well, have got plenty of time to decide and may just do it on experimenting.

I used to build stuff and do the case last, but now I like to get the case sorted out first and then build what goes in it.

Still haven't managed to get a manual for the TD160b MKII, I joined Vinylengine but cannot download anything and it's the only website I have ever been on that does this, don't know why.

I hope to strip down the turntable at the weekend for plinth painting and cleaning, and will check out the motor and electronics then.

Cheers Simon
Old 24th September 2010, 11:35 PM   #4995
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Space Egg Corp View Post
Hi Merlin

I joined Vinylengine as Ricardo suggested, but I am unable to download anything from their site, it's the only site I have EVER had this problem with and is a total mystery why.
I have the SME manual now from some where else, but still don't have the Thorens TD160b MKII manual.
It is available from Thorens site but they want you to PAY 10 TO DOWNLOAD IT !!!!! unbelievable !!!
I see there were, as you say, two pivot to spindle distances made, I think if there is a serial # on the arm it must be at the bottom. I will see this at the weekend if I remove the arm, and strip down the turntable. I will also look at the arm mounting board and measure this.
I am going to re-paint the plinth, and I also have to deal with a broken lid and hinges.

Cheers Simon......
Hi Simon,

You have PM

Cheers,
Felipe
Old 25th September 2010, 01:10 AM   #4996
diyAudio Member

Default Tracked Down The Components Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Geddon gurus would know that I suppose.
Hi Salas

Thanks for the Geddon link it was better than mine.
It takes me awhile to find things as I have GPRS internet which is...
Found all the semiconductors for the preamp and regulator today.

Even found the 2SK170's.

I don't suppose the sufixes matter that much, what do you think? I found:-
BC550c or BC550
BC546b or BC546bg
BF245c version

The IRFP9140 for some reason that I can't understand why is VERY expensive, am I missing some thing about this part ?
The IRFP9240 is almost the same and a third of the price !
I am thinking that with the power involved a IRF9510, 4A 100v 43w 1.2ohm, mounted on a decent T220 sink which I have lots of would be fine, especialy with 2 regulators. Am I missing some thing other than power handling ?

Cheers Simon.
Old 25th September 2010, 01:45 AM   #4997
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

550C fine. 546B fine. BF245C has strong IDSS. Degenerate it to 5mA with a resistor in line with its S pin. The 9140 they find some times when the 9240 is not available, interchangeable. Other TO-220 acceptable if their capacitive characteristics will no lead to oscillations in the particular circuit. The 9510 has low gfs so I would use it only in the CCS as it is also faster and try 9540 in the shunt position.
Old 25th September 2010, 02:30 AM   #4998
diyAudio Member

Default International Rectifiers In Stock

Quote:
The 9510 has low gfs so I would use it only in the CCS as it is also faster and try 9540 in the shunt position.
Thanks Salas

Just looked and happen to just by chance have five IRF9540 already.
So I guess I should use them in all 4 positions.
I think it's recommended I make one regulator per channel.
Would you also do 2x of rectifiers & reservoir caps ?

Cheers Simon
Old 25th September 2010, 02:57 AM   #4999
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

If possible yes, double rectification. Prefer 9510 on CCS. Check for oscillations with a scope on B+. You should see a straight line if all is OK.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:21 AM   #5000
diyAudio Member

Default Valve Phono ?

Quote:

P.S. What kind of CCT is your valve phono? I have made some valve phonos too.
Hi Salas

Was just looking back at the thread, and I didn't answer your question.
I had said I am making a valve mic & stereo valve mic preamp, but hadn't mentioned a valve phono. BUT
I have 95% made a valve phono, it is a hybrid and uses a BC549 before each half of a military CV2492 per channel (2 gain stage, 1 valve per channel).
As I say, it's 95% done. Case, turret tag boards, PSU, valve holders etc. are all done. BUT
I stepped on one of the CV2492's (with Adidas on at the time I'm glad to say !!!) and have not yet located a replacement pair of valves.
I'm not accident prone by the way, but s*#t happens !!!
I'm interested to know what tube phono's you made and what you think.
Would you reccomend one to make (I bet you made the most minimal one going !).
Have too many things on the go as it is, but a recommended super minimal tube phono would be a cool thing to get going.
I saw the photos of your regulator case on the site, is that one of the tube phonos on the coffee table next to it ?
Looks very minimal and cool in it's aly box if it is.

Cheers Simon

Hide this!Advertise here!