Simplistic NJFET RIAA

I´m still waiting for the last parts for my simplistic here. I think I´m going to buy a used small lunch box or something tomorrow to use as a test chassis when things arrive.

This is way in the future for me, but could one use a dcb1 as a pre and take 10v +- from it to drive another dcb1 at the end of the simplistic? Usually a dcb1 is dissipating most of the power anyway, right?

Getting places..

Kitchen stove diying before work today. Getting there soon. The simplistic boards are done as well. Looking rather ridiculous with mundorf 2.2uf caps attached with a zip tie on the side. I just want to listen to them now, so I know if its worthy of a real chassis.

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    489.6 KB · Views: 451
Got both the boards fired up today. On one of them the pot stopped at tp2 0.3v below tp1. Is this a problem? Should I change the resistor in parallell or something else?

On both boards i had dcv ~10v before the output capacitor. Just checking. I really want to hear the sound of this thing after all the waiting.

Thanks a lot so far, hope you guys can help me all the way! :)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Because its double mono you can up slightly that channel's PSU until it gets there. Is there same mV drop on all source to ground resistors for both channels input stage Jfets? This small difference should be either you got a bit stronger one there or its PSU is bit lower. Or leds bit higher.