Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Finaly my phono stage for the shure m97 is finish. First impression, it is better than the phono in my Linn Kolektor. Thanks Salas !

Attachments

• riaa-1.jpg
    riaa-1.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 322
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
A friend sent me few pics with his new VPI Classic 1 carrying the Zyx Bloom H. Upgraded from a Systemdek & RB300. Really good result with the Simplistic he already had, he is very happy with the gains in his analog source quality. Thought I post them here. They are just from an Ipad with some weird light fixture in the corner, but you get the idea.:)

Attachments

• _φωτογραφία.JPG_-4.jpg
    _φωτογραφία.JPG_-4.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 260
  • _φωτογραφία.JPG_-5.jpg
    _φωτογραφία.JPG_-5.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 245
  • _φωτογραφία.JPG_-6.jpg
    _φωτογραφία.JPG_-6.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 238
  • _φωτογραφία.JPG_-7.jpg
    _φωτογραφία.JPG_-7.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 239
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No, the box on the left is an MM that we put SUTs in it when he had got the Systemdek because he had started with a 1200 MK2 and MM cart a few yrs ago. The box to the right is a JC2 like line preamp circuit with DCB1 Mezmerize style input switching that I had made for him in late 2012. So there is a symmetrical folded cascode somewhere in the chain. But in the line stage. You still guessed it.

Very nice setup... :)
Although I might worry a bit about positioning the turntable in the corner behind a speaker...

Behind a dipole, perhaps? But what's the problem with being behind a monkey-coffin?

I say this because, in my last listening room, I had my LP12 in the corner of the room ... although this was up the other end of the room (and therefore 6.5m away) from my Maggies.

Regards,

Andy

Mmmm, I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. Or maybe it's just that English is not your primary language? (And, sorry, I speak minimal Greek.)

Yassou,

Andy

What is grammatically or syntactically incomprehensible about "bass booming on the corner behind the speaker"?

Let me google that for you

The corners behind the speaker is usually where bass gets amplified by the geometry of the room and where standing waves are created. Bass energy is stronger in corners.
Do you really want your turntable in such a place?