Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2006
Paid Member
You can experiment with 15.1nF but it will increase highs and tighten the bass even more.

I would Let it settle for a while... Bass is still there but more detailed.

Did you decouple the psu lines just before the shunts ?

I used 1000uF Nichicon there and it gave the needed "woomph" I was missing when I reduced the 15.7nF cap.

Nichicon (the BIG can ones) are bass heavy.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Are these:

Attachments

• DL160%2048dB%20Super%20Silent%20SE.jpg
    DL160%2048dB%20Super%20Silent%20SE.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 249
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hola Felipe,

Ami no me gusta los BG ! Cuestan mucho y los panasonics FM suenan mejor y cuestan menos.

I'm not a fan of BG's they are OK but I cost a lot and Panasonic FM's are to my ears the best. To bad they don't have all values and voltages I need ;(

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

Hi/Hola Jose

Pana FM only arrives till 50V & I need minimum 63V because voltage after reg is 55V

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Every cap has it´s signature... they all sound differently depending on the listener and the system used.

IMO the Nichicon are better for this case because of it´s bass lift.

Do you have a very good combo: mains cap filter 10.000 or 15.000 Jensen 4 pole works very well in highs & Nichicon 2.200uF 100V Gold Tune works very well in lows;) (I know because I have 8 caps 10.000 Gold Tune in my Borbely balanced preamp)

Last edited:
Every cap has it´s signature... they all sound differently depending on the listener and the system used.

IMO the Nichicon are better for this case because of it´s bass lift.

Hi RCruz,

I'm with you for 100%, regarding the Nichicon Bass lift, I love this cap for it's transparency (after break in) in the mid and low region !

Cheers,

Audiofanatic ;)