Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2006
Paid Member
You do not need to solder the 1M or the 100p.... Just clip them in place using mini alligators.

Please note that the result highly depends on the gain but this way you will have much more presence in the power band and the highs will seem more integrated.

If you feel it lacks highs, you can lower C3 to 15.1nF as per Salas pdf.

Thank you so much for your work. I am looking forward for your opinion :)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Ricardo, the values can be measured with components soldered or you want that I measure each component desoldered.

Caps are real value unsoldered

Resistors are real value unsoldered

N.B. I did I mistake about these resistance values, the right values unsoldered:

R3 45K804 0.01%
R4 6k81 0.01%

Sorry for extra work & many thanks again.

You have P.M.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
1M would be good if you had 47k but as you have a lower value, 45k804 you need to parallel 3M.

In this case 100p for the 47n is too much.... 10p should do it but you can try without it because the DMM error might be more influential than this small cap.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
First listening tests shows that now the RIAA is very accurate because sounds very equilibrated to mi ears just by curiousity I'm tempted to buy the inverse RIAA to Jim Hagerman to be sure if measure well.

I don't have words to express my grateful for your excellent job Ricardo, could you help me with another tube RIAA for a friend?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Let it burn for a while and than report back so we can see if you keep your first impressions :)

My simulations never go far away from the proposed Salas values... I just try to find the needed adjustments to fine tune the 500.5 Hz turnover point based on DMM measurements of all the real parts. This 318uS pole is really important for the real instrument´s timbre reproduction.

As for the tube riaa I can try ... Let me know the schematic and the DMM values of the unsoldered parts.

This will be very usefull as a starting point because I want to try the itch :)

PS:
Hagerman´s Iriaa includes a 3.18uS 50kHz pole ... It will not work perfectly in this case.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Only curiosity: why Hagerman IRIAA don't work in this case?

Received today other toy to play: Isokinetik to add 8gr effective mass to tonearm;)

Attachments

• DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC00054.jpg
    DSC00054.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 223
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Only curiosity: why Hagerman IRIAA don't work in this case?

Received today other toy to play: Isokinetik to add 8gr effective mass to tonearm;)

Because hagerman does not follow Lipshitz riaa curve in the higher frequencies. Haggerman (as well as AMS and Dartzel) prefer a boost in the high frequencies with an extra pole at 50kHz.

Always wondered about the Isokinetik stuff... let us know how it sounds.