Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Guys,
I have a few questions for you.
I read the pete's document and I would like to know if I have the good version for my photo stage? see this link: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/129126-simplistic-njfet-riaa-307.html#post2090662

second question: I would like to know what's the best after the diodes bridge between CRC ( 4700uF-resistor?-4700uF BHC) or 2*4700uF only?

thank you! Maxpou

Not only good but tailored to your stash and application. Its what a general guide just can't cater for. This is not a BJT phono with defined closed loop gain (global feedback). IDSS, bias, and gain are a balancing and channel matching act. Takes some individual care.
*I would avoid the resistor.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Salas
Xpovia Polla !!!

Also attached is a copy of the new document that I'm working on. IT'S STILL A Beta. Any suggestion are welcomed

Pete

Hi Pete

Congratulations for the splendid work :)

There seems to be a misprint regarding Q5 on the text and Q6 on the riaa schematic.

Can you elaborate on why did you choose 470uF for C6 on the BC550C base bias circuit ?

In your pdf text, you state you are the developer of the circuit... Why not use 220u as in the previous Salas schematics ?

I am also very interested in the Low MC pre pre that seems a good alternative to a SUT.

Did you build one of those ? Why using a 7809 and not a Salas shunt there ?

Regards

Ricardo

Finally found some time to begin my second RIAA.
PS will be in an external box with 2 rcore transformers and an CL - 4700uf plus 10H. Final C 10000uF will be on the RIAA box with the V 1.2R shunts, which I completed and tested. Vin loaded is 52V and Vout 42V.
For the RIAA - it is going to the 57db for my Shelter 901 - I have already matched some 170 BL at about 8.5mA, but I also have a stash of V's. I will measure some and see how many I can match.
Also waiting some teflon capacitors from the states.

Attachments

• IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 296