RIAA-basics and more....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Download of RIAA Document for studying

hey thank you!

I will put that riaa pdf for my members at one website i have somewhere
there are some i know that will be delighted & happy

by the way, carawu,
let me thank you & tubecad.com (JB) for this post
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1504984#post1504984

JFET Aikido - that's my style :cool:
Many things we can do with them nice tubes
we can also do with them nice jfets

Lineup
:) Lineup Audio Board

I recommand to buy this book. It is a comprehensive guide with extensive (for me) calculation tours de force, that discusses most (every?) aspect(s) of phonoamp-design in one viewangle: noise.

He makes sometimes design decisions I wouldn't make, but he actually tried most aspects practically to see if they meet his (sonic) requirements. That's extremly cool.

Rüdiger

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
rayfutrell said:
I downloaded the book and am reading it. Interesting read.

I am puzzled when he says on page 65 that you cannot minimize Miller effect capacity by feedback. This is contrary to theory.

Do I misunderstand what he wrote?

Regards,
Ray

Actually it isn't contrary to theory if you are talking about the input stage miller capacitance, (it appears at the grid and is effectively outside of the feedback loop) and global (loop) feed-back does not remove any non-linearities or errors that already exist inside a feedback loop - it uses the available loop gain to reduce the effects of these internal errors on the amplified signal by the approximate ratio of open to closed loop gain at any given frequency.. One more reason why feedback is not a panacea for a bad open loop design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.