Airpax hum/shielding against hum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Whenever my MC cart goes near the airpax motor, it starts to hum, and at a higher frequency when its on 45, I have a hercules-alike power supply, two high voltage sinewaves I understand.
Sticking copper foil to the engine bay is a noted method, but how do I do it?
I don't know if it has to join something and does it have to be insulated from the motor.
I'm sure my problem can be fixed, I just know nothing much about shielding.
And I still want a second arm, the end of which will be near the motor all the time.
Definitely have to fix that before I cut that plinth.
The only thing left of my original planar is the motor itself and the brass bearing house.
Thanks if anyone can help.
dave
P.S. Also looking for a dead simple two channel stereo amp that i can eventually mod the hell out of before trading in for something real nice, would spend around 150 i guess...marantz? No idea, me.

Attachments

• dsc05793.jpg
    dsc05793.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 163
If you have not altered the motor position or the cartridge and if, as you say, you have only had the hum problem since you fitted the power supply, it is much more likely that the hum is the result of your cartridge moving over the power supply board. I suspect you have mounted this board under the plinth of your deck. I recommend that you move the position of said board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.