How to power two ac sync motors synchronously

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone reckon there exists a PCB with 4 sinewaves on it, to run, say, two rega motors synchronously.
Two rega motors would beat one rega motor, especially how I'm thinking of doing the plinth, one pulley can be put on upside down, so the two 45 pulleys load drivebelts that are parallel. The two motors would want to be locked together, synchronised, but I know nothing. Would they?
I'm mounting a rega bearing housing on a plinth that has the bearing housing hole on a raised platform, raised with a spacer, like an acrylic donut or something. to match the height of the second plinth, which is for the arm only.
Imagine a bottom plinth that you put the two motors and bearing on, then a top plinth just for the arm.
I reckon, the bearing, being raised, the heavyish platter would have a topple effect, if only slight, and two motors opposite each other and pulling in tandem would stop it trying to topple.
Does anyone have any ideas to help me out?
I have the two motors, and will have money to spend in about 8 weeks.
If it exists it's probably expensive

Yes such an animal exists and it's reasonably cheap if you can solder.

I make a kit that does this (with a very minor adaptation). As a bonus it allows you to independently mainipulate the phase angles for each motor and between the two motors.

The actual angles required depend on the slot to pole ratio of the motor you are using. The phase angle between the two motors should be 90 degrees times the pole number divided by the least common multiple of the slot number and the pole number. For a standard 24 pole 16 slot motor this comes out to 45 degrees. Some 24 pole motors are apparently 18 slot in which case it would be 30 degrees.

Two rega ac sync motors, Mr. Kelly.
Is this your job, or your hobby?
I have money, you know, I'm too busy to make it, and I really only solder up interconnects from time to time, and other stuff I can't wreck.
The hardest solder job I ever did was some AWG33 on cardas clips.
The two motors I have aren't identical, so I might have to sort that out first.
I might also scan a crude drawing of what I'm getting at...two rega motors with opposingly placed pulleys running a rega subplatter MUST beat one motor for start up and stability.
If I could get that kind of power supply fitted into a lower plinth, I'd be stoked

As long as the motors have the same basic design you should be OK.

I can build the unit for you but that obviously costs extra and may involve a delay because I'm working on some drives for some people who are exhibiting at RMAF on October.

If you go that way it would be best to send the motors to me and I'll tune the drive to the motors. Send me a PM if you are interested.

BTW I'm not native to Geelong, I'm here because I run a local winery (my real job). I don't follow the footy.

well to know the name of the team will do for me!
But anyway, I will put it on the back burner for a little while as you are busy and I just bought a power supply for a rega motor, I may as well be happy with that for a while.
I did one week work on wine in Geelong years ago, planting grapes in Ceres.
Ya gotta be real careful with the little buds.
I will send you a PM, thanks for the invite to do so.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.