Dual CS 5000 Cueing Lever Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The other day I had to disassemble my Dual CS 5000. After I put it back together, the cueing lever is not lifting the arm. I have taken it off and put it back on ten times and it is not working. I have downloaded the manual but it is no help here. The cueing lever is connected to the the arm rest. It seems pretty simple. There is only one screw involved. The only tricky part is that there is a plastic piece on the under side of the rest by the lever. I have tucked it in and left it out. Neither seems to work. Any help here will be greatly appreciated. I have been lifting the arm by hand for a few days now and I am afraid that I will start scratching my albums.

look for a small metal pin....

under the plastic cover is a "teeter tooter". A smalll pin goes into the hole below the lever and into the plastic cover. When the solenoid under the cover is actuated, it allows the pin to drop and then you can raise or lower the arm manually.

Or if the solenoid is damaged, it may not allow the pin to drop and therefore the arm to drop.

I'll see if I can get some photos.

stew

seinfeld....

I did take some photos, (but I couldn't find the pin either! ). Curious, though. Why did you need to take it apart? Tone arm to circuit board wiring? atypical Dual weakness.) I must say the whole table is really a POS, too much plastic, too much electronics, no protection for the transformer..
But pleasant enough to listen to. With a "new" verdsion of the 504 bing produced, I think most Duals will increase in value.

stew

I had an intermittent left channel patch cord that needed to be repaired. I took the deck apart to unplug the patch cords from the tone arm assembly. This turntable was a freebe from my dad. It looks nice but I wasn't all that impressed when I got it apart. It sounds OK, not wonderful. It will do for now.

seinfeld....

I did take some photos, (but I couldn't find the pin either! ). Curious, though. Why did you need to take it apart? Tone arm to circuit board wiring? atypical Dual weakness.) I must say the whole table is really a POS, too much plastic, too much electronics, no protection for the transformer..
But pleasant enough to listen to. With a "new" version of the 504 bing produced, I think most Duals will increase in value.

stew

I too have a lever issue with the cs5000. I inspected the mechanism and understand how it works.
Below the tonearm raiser is one end of a lever and below that there is a solenoid. When activated the solenoid lowers the tonearm raiser and it lowers one end of a seasaw like lever. This makes the other end of the seasaw lever raise and it in turn pushes up a little rod that sits under the cue lever. Conversely if one pushes the cue lever forward it depresses the little rod which depresses one end of the seesaw which then raises the other end of the seesaw which then raises manually the same rod that the solenoid pulled down. Here is my issue. The little rod under the cue lever keeps on falling off the seesaw. what kept it attached originally?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.