Recording problems from deck to HDD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help?

I have a Systemdek IIX record deck kitted out with an Audio Technica AT450E cartridge.

I spend a lot of time recording from vinyl on to my hard drive recorder (a Yamaha CDR-HD1300) and have found recently that although the sound is OK coming through speakers/headphones when I play back the recording is often badly affected on the right hand side. This can be sporadic in that the L output is greater than the R or that the R just crackles with no music.

Given what I have said about the sound output when recording seems OK I think that the HDD must be the problem but given that the stereo recorded output is not balanced it could also be the cartidge.

Any ideas?

Maybe you can try a different source, try to borrow someones known-to-be-working turntable, if that sounds fine, its likely to be the tonearmwire, or the stylus, or, y'know, something to do with the source. Then it depends on what you have, if you have a preamp, test that the same way, then try recording some vinyl on a laptop or something other than the drive. Check all cables via same method, borrow stuff off your mates.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.